Register

2020 schedules

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
His Noliness

2020 schedules

Postby Aloha Nole » February 28th, 2020, 4:14 pm

I saw that the 5 P5 Conference schedules are set.

I saw the MAC, Sun Belt, and MWC schedules are posted.

So it looks like we are waiting on the American, and C-USA to finalize their schedules for the year.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

His Noliness

Re: 2020 schedules

Postby Aloha Nole » March 7th, 2020, 11:02 am

It looks to me like all the FBS schedules are out now (at least by ESPN's site).
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 10th, 2020, 1:39 pm

I like ND's schedule: Tough enough for a good SOS, but some games we could win.

https://allfootballschedules.co/ncaa-20 ... otre-dame/

Aug. 29 Navy Midshipmen
Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland

Sep. 12 Arkansas Razorbacks
Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, IN

Sep. 19 Western Michigan Broncos

Sep. 26 Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC

Oct. 3 Wisconsin Badgers
Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI

Oct. 10 Stanford Cardinal

Oct. 17 at Pitt Panthers
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

Oct. 31 Duke Blue Devils

Nov. 7 Clemson Tigers

Nov. 14 at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA

Nov. 21 Louisville Cardinals

Nov. 28 at USC Trojans
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » March 10th, 2020, 10:21 pm

Domer wrote:I like ND's schedule: Tough enough for a good SOS, but some games we could win.

https://allfootballschedules.co/ncaa-20 ... otre-dame/

Aug. 29 Navy Midshipmen
Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland

Sep. 12 Arkansas Razorbacks

Sep. 19 Western Michigan Broncos

Sep. 26 Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC

Oct. 3 Wisconsin Badgers
Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI

Oct. 10 Stanford Cardinal

Oct. 17 at Pitt Panthers
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA

Oct. 31 Duke Blue Devils

Nov. 7 Clemson Tigers

Nov. 14 at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA

Nov. 21 Louisville Cardinals

Nov. 28 at USC Trojans
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA

Looking at that schedule the argument for only being half-in with the ACC really starts to break down. They are playing 6 ACC opponents as it is, what is 2 more really going to do? Even if they insist on keeping Navy on the schedule annually, they could easily drop W. Michigan and either Arkansas or Wisconsin and add 2 more conference games. I just don't see this as a particular diverse schedule as it is, which is the standard argument for staying independent. They've already killed the Michigan, Michigan St and Purdue series, so that isn't a justification anymore. They could easily play an ACC schedule plus Stanford and USC and still have 2 games left to play the other major conferences and/or Navy.

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » April 28th, 2020, 8:51 am

It may be that they are getting there, but something has to give on the monetary side of the issue. TV ocntract is only reliant on people watching the games which drives the ad revenue, until that dries up or a compromise can be reach that leaves ND with close to the same funds it probably won't happen.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » May 2nd, 2020, 4:02 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:Looking at that schedule the argument for only being half-in with the ACC really starts to break down. They are playing 6 ACC opponents as it is, what is 2 more really going to do? Even if they insist on keeping Navy on the schedule annually, they could easily drop W. Michigan and either Arkansas or Wisconsin and add 2 more conference games. I just don't see this as a particular diverse schedule as it is, which is the standard argument for staying independent. They've already killed the Michigan, Michigan St and Purdue series, so that isn't a justification anymore. They could easily play an ACC schedule plus Stanford and USC and still have 2 games left to play the other major conferences and/or Navy.

You are absolutely, 100% right. I wish they would do that.
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Postby Aloha Nole » May 3rd, 2020, 11:49 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:Looking at that schedule the argument for only being half-in with the ACC really starts to break down. They are playing 6 ACC opponents as it is, what is 2 more really going to do? Even if they insist on keeping Navy on the schedule annually, they could easily drop W. Michigan and either Arkansas or Wisconsin and add 2 more conference games. I just don't see this as a particular diverse schedule as it is, which is the standard argument for staying independent. They've already killed the Michigan, Michigan St and Purdue series, so that isn't a justification anymore. They could easily play an ACC schedule plus Stanford and USC and still have 2 games left to play the other major conferences and/or Navy.

I think the biggest reason for staying independent is the NBC TV contract. If they joined the ACC full time, that would need to go away.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » May 13th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:I think the biggest reason for staying independent is the NBC TV contract. If they joined the ACC full time, that would need to go away.

Obviously, I am not privy to details of Notre Dame's contract with NBC, but I think it is very possible ND could receive just as much as a member of the ACC as they get from NBC.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to Everything About College Football