Register

ACC adds Holiday, Boston; guaranteed 10 bowls

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » July 13th, 2019, 6:36 pm

ACC trades Shreveport and Detroit for Boston, and San Diego. I'd say that is a definite plus on both counts.

-----------------------------------------------

Jul 12, 2019

Adam Rittenberg
ESPN Staff Writer

The ACC on Thursday announced a six-year bowl lineup beginning in the 2020 season that includes new tie-ins with the Holiday Bowl in San Diego and a new bowl to be played in Boston.

The agreement, which runs through the 2025 season, guarantees 10 bowl spots for the ACC.

ACC teams are guaranteed spots in the Belk Bowl, Camping World Bowl, Hyundai Sun Bowl, Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman, New Era Pinstripe Bowl, San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl, TaxSlayer Gator Bowl and the new bowl in Boston to be managed by ESPN and Fenway Sports Management.

Conference teams also will play annually in the Capital One Orange Bowl when the game isn't a College Football Playoff semifinal, and the league will have a participant in the Outback Bowl in years its Orange Bowl opponent comes from the Big Ten.

One ACC team will be selected annually to play in the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa, Florida, the Birmingham Bowl or the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl in Dallas.

The ACC did not renew agreements with the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, Louisiana, and the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

The ACC's new lineup features games on both coasts and in eight different states.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... d-10-bowls
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Re: ACC adds Holiday, Boston; guaranteed 10 bowls

Postby Domer » July 16th, 2019, 11:18 am

ACC...ACC...ACC...

:D
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » July 16th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Holiday Bowl is moving to Petco Park San Diego Padres home field

Once San Diego St moves to their new stadium being built on campus

City of San Diego is going demolish old Qualcomm stadium now know as SDCCU Stadium.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Redwood » July 31st, 2019, 6:42 am

All these bowls just shows how easier it makes a conference, like the SEC, to schedule the " little 'uns" so make certain they have the six wins. The SEC has 10 or 12 (I can't keep up with them) and therefore we need cupcakes to qualify. Long live cupcakes and GREED.
I do not believe in atheists. Therefore they do not exist.

The Godfather

Postby BCEaglesFan » August 24th, 2019, 9:07 am

Ugh....just what we need MORE bowl games.....NOT :x

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » August 24th, 2019, 10:32 am

BCEaglesFan wrote:Ugh....just what we need MORE bowl games.....NOT :x

Not really BC. As I said the ACC is just trading Shreveport and Detroit for Boston and San Diego.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » August 24th, 2019, 12:05 pm

BCEaglesFan wrote:Ugh....just what we need MORE bowl games.....NOT :x

Hey when the season is winding down I've found myself enjoying many of the lessor bowls more

As I said the last couple of seasons I've caught caravans of fans going down to the New Orleans Bowl

When I've witnessed the mid majors excitement over going to bowl game.

I've now changed my opinion.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Chief » August 25th, 2019, 9:30 pm

As much as it pains me to say this, wouldn't mind FSU playing in the Birmingham bowl. We can Uber to the game.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » August 25th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Chief wrote:As much as it pains me to say this, wouldn't mind FSU playing in the Birmingham bowl. We can Uber to the game.

If year two is better I saw nothing last night that says a decent FSU team couldn't beat either of those two teams.

Miami got serious OL issues. Franks is going to be florida undoing this season. He checked off on the INT late in game when they should have stayed with play called. His ears would still be ringing from the chewing I would have given him after that blunder.

His antics on the sidelines with fans from both teams during a close game was classless also

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » August 26th, 2019, 2:29 am

Dubby wrote:Franks is going to be florida undoing this season. He checked off on the INT late in game when they should have stayed with play called. His ears would still be ringing from the chewing I would have given him after that blunder.

His antics on the sidelines with fans from both teams during a close game was classless also

Agreed. He isn't quite jeff driskel shitty, but he is close.

Next

Return to Everything About College Football