Register

Hawaii Bowl returns to Christmas Eve for 2019

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General

Hawaii Bowl returns to Christmas Eve for 2019

Postby Dubby » May 24th, 2019, 3:10 pm

HONOLULU -- The Hawaii Bowl will be back on Christmas Eve this year after being played on Dec. 22 last season, only the fourth time in the game's history that it had not been held on Dec. 24.

The game will feature teams from the Mountain West Conference, the American Athletic Conference or BYU. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST on ESPN.

The game was created in 2002 after Hawaii finished the 2001 season with a 9-3 record and was not invited to a bowl game.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness

Re: Hawaii Bowl returns to Christmas Eve for 2019

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » May 24th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Last years dates caused to change from Christmas Eve.

The 23rd was a Sunday, and the 24th was a Monday. Not sure why, but College refuses to play games on those days because of the NFL. Not that the NFL cuts the NCAA any breaks on either Friday or Saturday.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General

Re: Hawaii Bowl returns to Christmas Eve for 2019

Postby Dubby » May 25th, 2019, 11:38 am

*YNC* Aloha Nole wrote:Last years dates caused to change from Christmas Eve.

The 23rd was a Sunday, and the 24th was a Monday. Not sure why, but College refuses to play games on those days because of the NFL. Not that the NFL cuts the NCAA any breaks on either Friday or Saturday.

Agreed
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Return to Everything About College Football