Register

3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
His Noliness
User avatar
Posts: 6468
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 12:46 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river

3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » May 2nd, 2019, 4:05 am

Yeah, even more Bowl games matching 5-7 teams. Woo Hoo!!!

-------------------------

Report: Fenway to host bowl game starting in '20

Apr 30, 2019
ESPN

A bowl game to be played at Boston's Fenway Park will be one of three bowls to be added in 2020, Stadium reported Tuesday.

New bowl games also will be played in Los Angeles and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Stadium reported.

The game at Fenway Park will pit a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference against one from the American Athletic Conference, according to the report.

Fenway will become the third Major League Baseball ballpark to host a college football bowl game, joining Yankee Stadium, which hosts the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, and Chase Field (the home of the Arizona Diamondbacks), which hosts the Cheez-It Bowl.

Fenway Park hosted Harvard vs. Yale in 2018 and was the site of three college football games in 2017 (Brown-Dartmouth, UMass-Maine and UConn-Boston College). It also hosted a game between Notre Dame and Boston College in 2015.

The Boston Red Sox's stadium has hosted football games since it opened in 1912 and has been the home of several professional football franchises, including the American Football League's Boston Patriots from 1963 to '68.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tarting-20
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9219
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: 3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

Postby Dubby » May 14th, 2019, 6:08 pm

*YNC* Aloha Nole wrote:Yeah, even more Bowl games matching 5-7 teams. Woo Hoo!!!

-------------------------

Report: Fenway to host bowl game starting in '20

Apr 30, 2019
ESPN

A bowl game to be played at Boston's Fenway Park will be one of three bowls to be added in 2020, Stadium reported Tuesday.

New bowl games also will be played in Los Angeles and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Stadium reported.

The game at Fenway Park will pit a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference against one from the American Athletic Conference, according to the report.

Fenway will become the third Major League Baseball ballpark to host a college football bowl game, joining Yankee Stadium, which hosts the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, and Chase Field (the home of the Arizona Diamondbacks), which hosts the Cheez-It Bowl.

Fenway Park hosted Harvard vs. Yale in 2018 and was the site of three college football games in 2017 (Brown-Dartmouth, UMass-Maine and UConn-Boston College). It also hosted a game between Notre Dame and Boston College in 2015.

The Boston Red Sox's stadium has hosted football games since it opened in 1912 and has been the home of several professional football franchises, including the American Football League's Boston Patriots from 1963 to '68.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tarting-20


I said last season Fenway was pushing hard for one. They've been hosting Ivy League games in addition to BC Games to show off Fenway was doable. The Harvard-Yale Game was said to be the clincher.

I remember the Pats playing there could have sworn it was latter than 1968 last season :huh: I was thinking more like 1970
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9219
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: 3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

Postby Dubby » May 14th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Dubby wrote:
*YNC* Aloha Nole wrote:Yeah, even more Bowl games matching 5-7 teams. Woo Hoo!!!

-------------------------

Report: Fenway to host bowl game starting in '20

Apr 30, 2019
ESPN

A bowl game to be played at Boston's Fenway Park will be one of three bowls to be added in 2020, Stadium reported Tuesday.

New bowl games also will be played in Los Angeles and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Stadium reported.

The game at Fenway Park will pit a team from the Atlantic Coast Conference against one from the American Athletic Conference, according to the report.

Fenway will become the third Major League Baseball ballpark to host a college football bowl game, joining Yankee Stadium, which hosts the New Era Pinstripe Bowl, and Chase Field (the home of the Arizona Diamondbacks), which hosts the Cheez-It Bowl.

Fenway Park hosted Harvard vs. Yale in 2018 and was the site of three college football games in 2017 (Brown-Dartmouth, UMass-Maine and UConn-Boston College). It also hosted a game between Notre Dame and Boston College in 2015.

The Boston Red Sox's stadium has hosted football games since it opened in 1912 and has been the home of several professional football franchises, including the American Football League's Boston Patriots from 1963 to '68.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tarting-20


I said last season Fenway was pushing hard for one. They've been hosting Ivy League games in addition to BC Games to show off Fenway was doable. The Harvard-Yale Game was said to be the clincher.

I remember the Pats playing there could have sworn it was latter than 1968 last season :huh: I was thinking more like 1970


BC 1969
Harvard 1970

I knew they didn't move into Foxboro Stadium until 1971 I thought they played at Fenway until 1970.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

User avatar
Posts: 188
Joined: August 20th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Re: 3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

Postby hammerhead » May 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Are there even going to be enough 5-7 teams to fill the new bowl games? Maybe at least one of these games should be reserved for winless or one-win teams as sort of compensation for them selflessly helping their opponents. At least they'd be pretty evenly matched. Perhaps have the 3rd and 4th worse teams play each other (you don't want teams deliberately throwing their last games of the season just to get into the Toilet Bowl).

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9219
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: 3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

Postby Dubby » May 25th, 2019, 11:37 am

hammerhead wrote:Are there even going to be enough 5-7 teams to fill the new bowl games? Maybe at least one of these games should be reserved for winless or one-win teams as sort of compensation for them selflessly helping their opponents. At least they'd be pretty evenly matched. Perhaps have the 3rd and 4th worse teams play each other (you don't want teams deliberately throwing their last games of the season just to get into the Toilet Bowl).


You had 6-6 teams left out last season

Southern Miss 6-5 CUSA
Liberty 6-6 (Although they were not bowl eligible first season FBS)
Miami (OH) MAC 6-6
Wyoming MWC 6-6
UL Monroe SBC 6-6

Lots of 5-7 teams just missed which means could years with even more 6-6 on the sidelines.

I've been outspoken on rewarding mediocrity in the Big 5. But, I'm all for more slots for mid majors if Big 5 come up short as they've been doing. Last couple of years I've seen caravans of cars like Appy St fans this past Dec pass me on their way to bowl games. These teams and fan-bases want to be there. I now have no problem with rewarding them over Big 5 programs who don't. I've enjoyed the bowl games more the past couple of years with seeing team like Army programs coming back to life. After being a doormat for so many years.

To finish the season 11-2 ranked and thrash a pretty decent Houston team 70-14 in Bowl Game

No I don't have a problem with more bowl slots for mid majors
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness
User avatar
Posts: 6468
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 12:46 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: 3 new Bowl games starting in 2020.

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » May 25th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Dubby wrote:No I don't have a problem with more bowl slots for mid majors


Agreed.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Return to Everything About College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests