Register

Dabo gets the Brinks vault

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Dabo gets the Brinks vault

Postby Iconoclast » April 26th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Make GASF Great Again!

His Noliness

Re: Dabo gets the Brinks vault

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » April 26th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Iconoclast wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/clemson-and-dabo-swinney-agree-to-college-footballs-biggest-contract-10-years-93-m-144506681.html

$93 million, 10 year deal. Bama fans are probably wondering what the buyout is.

I am sure that is AlaBammmmmmmmmer's plan, but I'm not so sure that Dabo will leave Clemson for there. He is an absolute God in Clemson. In Bammmmmmmmer, he is following a Legend (not a great thing for ANYONE).
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » April 27th, 2019, 7:43 am

His contract has a few unusual points.

His buyout is significantly higher if he leaves Clemson for his alma mater of Alabama.

Swinney must pay $4 million if he leaves Clemson before the end of this year, but that increases to $6 million if he coaches the Crimson Tide.

The deal also requires Swinney to be one of the three highest-paid coaches in college football any season after his team makes the playoff semifinals, or he can leave without penalty.

Nick Saban signed a $74 million, eight-year deal with Alabama, and Jimbo Fisher has a 10 year, $75 million contract with Texas A&M.

https://www.westernjournal.com/wc/ap-da ... ract-ever/
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » April 29th, 2019, 1:18 pm

*YNC* Aloha Nole wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/clemson-and-dabo-swinney-agree-to-college-footballs-biggest-contract-10-years-93-m-144506681.html

$93 million, 10 year deal. Bama fans are probably wondering what the buyout is.

I am sure that is AlaBammmmmmmmmer's plan, but I'm not so sure that Dabo will leave Clemson for there. He is an absolute God in Clemson. In Bammmmmmmmer, he is following a Legend (not a great thing for ANYONE).

He not leaving Clemson for Bama the Tide fans can stop their delusions of Grandeur on Dabo replacing the Sith Lord when he retires.

This deals sends them the message that Clemson has locked him up for life and will match anything Bama throws his way.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Return to Everything About College Football