Register

NEVER FORGET!!

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

NEVER FORGET!!

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » September 11th, 2018, 6:54 am

17 years ago. It doesn't seem that long - but the effects last forever. May all the brave men and women who died that day have eternal peace.
HOOK 'EM!

The Curmudgeon

Re: NEVER FORGET!!

Postby Domer » September 11th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Never!
God, Country, Notre Dame

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » September 11th, 2018, 10:52 pm

On this day in 2001 I had just turned on the TV to see live coverage of the damage of the first plane, then the second plane hit. I remember thinking at that moment, that building is coming down.

After the last plane crashed I went outside to gather my thoughts, and be with the animals I feed. The silence was deafening, the planes were grounded, and there were no birds coming to the feeders, nor were the squirrels coming to get nuts.

It remained that way for about 3 hours before I saw the first humming bird return to the feeder. It was not the sorrow of man the animals sensed that morning, it was that of God. For three days the animals showed up a little later in the morning than normal to begin feeding, and they also quit a little earlier each of those days.

God cares, we quite often don't pay attention to see how much.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » September 12th, 2018, 9:33 am

Seattle Irish wrote:On this day in 2001 I had just turned on the TV to see live coverage of the damage of the first plane, then the second plane hit. I remember thinking at that moment, that building is coming down.

After the last plane crashed I went outside to gather my thoughts, and be with the animals I feed. The silence was deafening, the planes were grounded, and there were no birds coming to the feeders, nor were the squirrels coming to get nuts.

It remained that way for about 3 hours before I saw the first humming bird return to the feeder. It was not the sorrow of man the animals sensed that morning, it was that of God. For three days the animals showed up a little later in the morning than normal to begin feeding, and they also quit a little earlier each of those days.

God cares, we quite often don't pay attention to see how much.

Thank you for posting that, Seattle Irish.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to Free For All