Register

SPOILER SPOILER ... Rogue One ... SPOILER SPOILER

Literature, music, movies, TV, games, whatever! Use this forum for all creative outlets.
The X-Man Cometh

SPOILER SPOILER ... Rogue One ... SPOILER SPOILER

Postby Xenon » December 26th, 2016, 7:30 pm

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Space

The X-Man Cometh

Re: SPOILER SPOILER ... Rogue One ... SPOILER SPOILER

Postby Xenon » December 26th, 2016, 7:40 pm

First ... lots of fun to see the story before the first Star Wars ... they did a good job interweaving in lots of fun things ... I'm sure I missed some but thing like Jyn bumping into the two pirates from the Cantina and them saying "Hey, Watch it ..." just like with Luke ...

Discussion of going to get "the old Jedi, if he is still alive" and stuff like that....

I thought the computer work on General Tarkin seemed a little off somehow. It might have been better to not have him be such a big role and on screen as much. GREAT job on Carrie Fisher and Princess Leia though. She looked exactly right ...

Second - Plot - I have to admit, I hadn't pictured the mission to get the plans as being nearly as big and dramatic as what Rogue One showed ... but maybe it was ... (we're watching the IV New Hope right now, and it does say that the rebels won their first major victory, so maybe ...)

Finally... I think the way they used the Death Star in some fractional mode was a bit weak really. It felt like some kind of loophole to have it still be the "first use" on Alderan in the IV New Hope movie ...

Return to Arts & Entertainment