Register

Finebaum: Notre Dame should buy out Brian Kelly

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Finebaum: Notre Dame should buy out Brian Kelly

Postby irishmark » November 7th, 2019, 4:08 am

Now Finebaum says Stoops would leave the XFL for Notre Dame. I honestly didn’t expect that when I posted above.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » November 7th, 2019, 4:09 am

Joseph Goebbells

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » November 7th, 2019, 11:16 am

It’s so funny to see someone say “their facilities are sub par”. As if he is an accredited facility evaluator who has been through the facilities at FSU or any other university with enough detail to judge one university vs another. He’s just spouting garbage that he’s either heard from rival coaches, or from some other nobody football analyst who also doesn’t have any foundation for making the statement and is just repeating it. And what are sub par facilities? Do they have fewer weights? Or the machines are a couple years older? Or not as clean? Or the overhead music isn’t as clear? Lighting isn’t as bright? Regeneration tub isn’t as big or as cold? Has Paul Finebaum or any other of his ilk out there that claim to be experts ever stepped into a field and played? And what do great facilities get you? Oregon showed off these fantastic facilities a few years back and since then they haven’t won shit. Nebraska can’t win for their life yet I hear they have really nice facilities, at least compared to Purdue who just kicked their ass.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » November 7th, 2019, 5:50 pm

fwiw, Purdue has an excellent football facility. Football offices, weight room, 3, 120 yard practice fields. All indoors.

Joseph Goebbells

Postby Iconoclast » November 7th, 2019, 8:11 pm

irishmark wrote:fwiw, Purdue has an excellent football facility. Football offices, weight room, 3, 120 yard practice fields. All indoors.

fwiw, Purdue finished 7-6 in 2017, 6-7 in 2018 and are sitting at 3-6 this year. Apparently "excellent" football facilities do not correlate with good results. Which is my point and the fallacy of Finebaum's, and any other football pundit's, statement about facilities relative to health of the program.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » November 8th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
irishmark wrote:fwiw, Purdue has an excellent football facility. Football offices, weight room, 3, 120 yard practice fields. All indoors.

fwiw, Purdue finished 7-6 in 2017, 6-7 in 2018 and are sitting at 3-6 this year. Apparently "excellent" football facilities do not correlate with good results. Which is my point and the fallacy of Finebaum's, and any other football pundit's, statement about facilities relative to health of the program.

You make a good point on Purdue's record. And yes, to a program like Purdue, excellent facilities don't correlate to wins. But, they're only trying to beat IU in recruiting.

But FSU is trying to win recruits over from Florida, Miami, Georgia, Alabama and many other schools that enter the state of Florida.

Check out Alabama's facilities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5gGbUjyk3k

I'm guessing FSU's facilities are not as bad as Finebaum says but facilities can make a huge difference if an elite recruit is trying to decide between schools.

Joseph Goebbells

Postby Iconoclast » November 8th, 2019, 10:43 pm

I’m well aware of the shallowness of teenagers and their decisions so I know that shiny objects get attention. But the point I am making is that there are no official rankings of facilities and so any statements about how poor or great they are, are subjective on the part of the person making the statement. I don’t doubt FSU has issues and needs a lot of things fixed, but saying their facilities are terrible is just a subjective statement made by Coarsebaum. Fix the coaching and start winning games and I bet those facilities look a lot better with zero dollars spent.

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football