Register

Game of Thrones

Literature, music, movies, TV, games, whatever! Use this forum for all creative outlets.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Game of Thrones

Postby Iconoclast » January 3rd, 2019, 2:11 am

Does anyone else have a spouse and/or child who is really into this show? My daughter loved it and got my wife sold on it. So my Christmas present last year was seasons 1-4 of this. Of course, I haven't watched hardly any of it because it's not my kind of show. However for the two of them, they are now watching all of the previous seasons in anticipation of the final season coming out soon. OMG, blood, gore and sex, you would think it would be my kind of show, but I just can't keep up with the dialogue. And that it isn't uncommon for guys to have their various sexual organs cut of, well that doesn't appeal to me. :lol:
Make GASF Great Again!

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby irishmark » January 17th, 2019, 10:10 am

Iconoclast wrote:Does anyone else have a spouse and/or child who is really into this show? My daughter loved it and got my wife sold on it. So my Christmas present last year was seasons 1-4 of this. Of course, I haven't watched hardly any of it because it's not my kind of show. However for the two of them, they are now watching all of the previous seasons in anticipation of the final season coming out soon. OMG, blood, gore and sex, you would think it would be my kind of show, but I just can't keep up with the dialogue. And that it isn't uncommon for guys to have their various sexual organs cut of, well that doesn't appeal to me. :lol:

I just can't get into it!
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 23rd, 2019, 10:46 am

Iconoclast wrote:Does anyone else have a spouse and/or child who is really into this show? My daughter loved it and got my wife sold on it. So my Christmas present last year was seasons 1-4 of this. Of course, I haven't watched hardly any of it because it's not my kind of show. However for the two of them, they are now watching all of the previous seasons in anticipation of the final season coming out soon. OMG, blood, gore and sex, you would think it would be my kind of show, but I just can't keep up with the dialogue. And that it isn't uncommon for guys to have their various sexual organs cut of, well that doesn't appeal to me. :lol:

It's an awesome show. It does take a while to get the gist of what's going on.. since there are a bunch of story lines all going on at once. But once you're hooked, no going back...

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » February 7th, 2019, 9:00 pm

I'm with you Mark, but Earl, my wife and daughter are completely into it. It's funny when my wife has it on and there is some sex scene and our son comes into the room. It's not that we think he doesn't know about this stuff, just that it's not comfortable to watch it with him. :lol:
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to Arts & Entertainment