Register

RIP Paul Allen

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
Captain Patriotic Analogy

RIP Paul Allen

Postby Seattle Irish » October 15th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Whether you like everything he did or not, he certainly had a huge impact on the NW. His health had been decling for a while now, and it will be interesting to see how his will maintains things to maintain for the public.

RIP. :(

Re: RIP Paul Allen

Postby Seattle Irish » October 16th, 2018, 1:36 pm

The local media is reporting there is speculation ( undoubtedly their own) that his sister Jody might sell the Hawks, and the Trail Blazers.

We hope there won't be any changes for the Seahawks............blah blah blah..........

Paul Allen has been dead for less than 24 hours and they're already trying to push public opinion upon the family.

The media of today simply has no shame.

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » October 16th, 2018, 1:47 pm

Everything I have read has stated his sister wanted no part of the teams and they will be sold and both leagues have known about this plan for quite some time like years and have a short list of potential buyers for both teams.

Postby Seattle Irish » October 17th, 2018, 10:43 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Everything I have read has stated his sister wanted no part of the teams and they will be sold and both leagues have known about this plan for quite some time like years and have a short list of potential buyers for both teams.

Owners must file a plan for the team if they should die. I have no doubt the league have a buyer lined up Doesn't mean they will be as commited to keeping the teams in the cities they are now in. The city and County are already chomping at the bit to get more control over use, and concessions.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » October 18th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Seattle Irish wrote:
GR82BACANE wrote:Everything I have read has stated his sister wanted no part of the teams and they will be sold and both leagues have known about this plan for quite some time like years and have a short list of potential buyers for both teams.

Owners must file a plan for the team if they should die. I have no doubt the league have a buyer lined up Doesn't mean they will be as commited to keeping the teams in the cities they are now in. The city and County are already chomping at the bit to get more control over use, and concessions.

My understanding is that the league has multiple buyers lined up for both the Seahawks and the Blazers. I think both leagues speak with owners to understand their succession plans and those that don't have a clear one in place, the leagues get involved and pre-market teams in the event something like this happens.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Return to NFL