Register

Darnold

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Turnover Chain

Darnold

Postby GR82BACANE » September 12th, 2018, 8:33 am

Anyone watch any of the game Monday night. very impressive. Threw a Pick 6 on his pass. An incomplete on pass 2. then goes 16 of 19 the rest of the way with 2 TD Ran the ball a couple times.

Very good game for him.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Darnold

Postby Iconoclast » September 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Anyone watch any of the game Monday night. very impressive. Threw a Pick 6 on his pass. An incomplete on pass 2. then goes 16 of 19 the rest of the way with 2 TD Ran the ball a couple times.

Very good game for him.

He did play well, but the media is just fawning over his performance and already claiming what a great player he is. It's a bit early to draw any conclusions about him and he good he will be, ummmmkayyyy Media? People need to realize that the Jets scored points off an interception return, a punt return, got a FG off another interception and then got a huge play off what looked to be the Lions giving up. Personally, I was more struck by how bad the Lions and Raiders played. Those were two terrible coaching debuts.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Turnover Chain

Re: Darnold

Postby GR82BACANE » September 12th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
GR82BACANE wrote:Anyone watch any of the game Monday night. very impressive. Threw a Pick 6 on his pass. An incomplete on pass 2. then goes 16 of 19 the rest of the way with 2 TD Ran the ball a couple times.

Very good game for him.

He did play well, but the media is just fawning over his performance and already claiming what a great player he is. It's a bit early to draw any conclusions about him and he good he will be, ummmmkayyyy Media? People need to realize that the Jets scored points off an interception return, a punt return, got a FG off another interception and then got a huge play off what looked to be the Lions giving up. Personally, I was more struck by how bad the Lions and Raiders played. Those were two terrible coaching debuts.

I'm not anointing the savior of the Jets. But a lot of guys after throwing a Pick 6 on play 1 would have crapped their pants and called it a day. He looked nervous and hurried in the pocket. But he made good decisions the rest of the game and more importantly took the open receiver and didn't force the ball into a bad spot looking for the big play.

Also after the first play a lot of teammates came up and talked to him patted him on the head and gave him encouragement. I'm a Giants fan I have no use for the Jets. So I was actually hoping he would crap himself.

Return to NFL