Register

Cool Board Features

Anything and everything (within reason) for all posters. Be sure to check out the "Rules and Notices" forum before posting.
The Artist FKA SECRules

Cool Board Features

Postby MikeTheTiger » July 31st, 2013, 10:14 am

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for people to post any new features of the site that they think others might find interesting/useful.

I'll start it off with one. If you click on members, then click on the number of posts next to a particular member, it gives you a list of every post ever made by that poster. That should come in handy for searching for old posts.

The Curmudgeon

Re: Cool Board Features

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 10:17 am

I can't find the post now, but someone asked about PMs. If you click User Control Panel on the left hand side, there is a "button" for Private Messages. If you click on that, you can send PMs.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » July 31st, 2013, 10:20 am

Domer wrote:I can't find the post now, but someone asked about PMs. If you click User Control Panel on the left hand side, there is a "button" for Private Messages. If you click on that, you can send PMs.

I hear thr Britts could use another PM, maybe we should one to them. ;)

Janitor

Postby BullGator » July 31st, 2013, 10:50 am

Mobile optimized version of the message board if you go to GASF.com on your smartphone or tablet.
I have the coolest signature of all time. Woohoo!!

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » July 31st, 2013, 12:35 pm

Domer wrote:I can't find the post now, but someone asked about PMs. If you click User Control Panel on the left hand side, there is a "button" for Private Messages. If you click on that, you can send PMs.

Right above "User Control Panel" is the "# New Messages" link. Clicking that takes you to your PMs as well.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 12:38 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:

Right above "User Control Panel" is the "# New Messages" link. Clicking that takes you to your PMs as well.

Oh, okay, I see what you mean. You can send PMs from there. I thought that was just for incoming messages. Cool!

8-)
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » July 31st, 2013, 12:41 pm

I just noticed something else. When you're looking at the posts in a thread, if you look above the avatar for a poster it will say "ONLINE" if that poster is currently on the board.

:ugeek:
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » August 1st, 2013, 10:42 am

Is there any way for the "Member's list" to list posters in post count order as the default (like the old site), vice when the person joined joined? It will also make it easier to have all the Spammers at the bottom of the page.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 1st, 2013, 10:43 am

Aloha Nole wrote:Is there any way for the "Member's list" to list posters in post count order as the default (like the old site), vice when the person joined joined? It will also make it easier to have all the Spammers at the bottom of the page.

You probably know this, but you can click on Rank and it will put them in post count order.
God, Country, Notre Dame

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » August 1st, 2013, 10:55 am

Domer wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:Is there any way for the "Member's list" to list posters in post count order as the default (like the old site), vice when the person joined joined? It will also make it easier to have all the Spammers at the bottom of the page.

You probably know this, but you can click on Rank and it will put them in post count order.

Yeah, I know.

I was just looking for it as the default, if it's possible.

I know, I know...picky, picky, picky.

Next

Return to Free For All