Register

No playoff discussion?

Who's the best 2nd baseman of all time? Should there be a salary cap? Should Pete Ro...er...some things have been talked about enough. Come talk MLB!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

No playoff discussion?

Postby Iconoclast » October 11th, 2018, 2:25 pm

I was happy to see the Rockies make the playoffs, cut the Brewers have an incredible relief staff and just shut them down. Right now, I think we have four really good teams in it. I can see any of them winning, although I lean toward Houston as I think they are the most complete team. However, the series with Boston could be epic.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: No playoff discussion?

Postby irishmark » October 11th, 2018, 2:36 pm

I think the Brewers win it all.

They are on fire.
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » October 11th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Any of the teams could win it all. The winner will not surprise me at all. I think every team has the pitching and the hitting to win it all. Of late, the Brewers pitching has been on fire.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » October 17th, 2018, 11:27 am

Dodgers are back in it!
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The luckiest man in the world

Postby Griff » October 19th, 2018, 1:38 am

I never really posted in the MLB forum here much, but have always been a Baseball fan. Sort of picked up the pace this year too.

Grew up a Tigers fan, still am, so I have no real strong rooting interest at this point in that regard. :lol:

I did however, sort of adopt a NL team that I have also followed, albeit not as passionately. That all started probably when I was collecting baseball cards as a kid. And I'm pretty sure a trip to their stadium is on my bucket list.

Let's Go Dodgers!!! :baseball:

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » October 19th, 2018, 9:25 am

Well, it was a very disappointing end to the season for the Astros. I certainly didn't expect them to drop 3 straight at home. The Red Sox are extremely strong this year, so it's not necessarily surprising they won the series. I just expected it to be a lot more competitive. The bullpen really let the Astros down. All the walks in the first couple of games of the series seemed to have gotten Alex Bregman out of rhythm.

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » October 19th, 2018, 9:50 am

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:Well, it was a very disappointing end to the season for the Astros. I certainly didn't expect them to drop 3 straight at home. The Red Sox are extremely strong this year, so it's not necessarily surprising they won the series. I just expected it to be a lot more competitive. The bullpen really let the Astros down. All the walks in the first couple of games of the series seemed to have gotten Alex Bregman out of rhythm.

The interference didn't help but, I don't think it would've made any difference.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2501 ... MLhobPHwLI

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The luckiest man in the world

Postby Griff » October 21st, 2018, 3:38 am

Griff wrote:I never really posted in the MLB forum here much, but have always been a Baseball fan. Sort of picked up the pace this year too.

Grew up a Tigers fan, still am, so I have no real strong rooting interest at this point in that regard. :lol:

I did however, sort of adopt a NL team that I have also followed, albeit not as passionately. That all started probably when I was collecting baseball cards as a kid. And I'm pretty sure a trip to their stadium is on my bucket list.

Let's Go Dodgers!!! :baseball:

On to Boston!!

Return to MLB