Register

Bewtween 1/4 and 1/3 of the season in

Who's the best 2nd baseman of all time? Should there be a salary cap? Should Pete Ro...er...some things have been talked about enough. Come talk MLB!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Bewtween 1/4 and 1/3 of the season in

Postby Iconoclast » May 21st, 2018, 3:31 pm

And it's sort of a crazy season so far.

The AL, for the most part, sucks with some certain exceptions. The NL, again with some exceptions, is very good.

The AL East has the two best teams in baseball, and then nothing. The entire AL Central is sub .500. However the AL West is one of the most competitive divisions in MLB with four of five teams with winning records.

The NL East and Central are the same as the AL West. And the NL West, has three teams at .500 or above and the Dodgers are one of the best teams in MLB on papers, so I won't be surprised if they turn it around. Have to wait until August to see how the races shape up, but I am predicting another year where we have a bunch of teams within a game or two of that last wildcard spot.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Re: Bewtween 1/4 and 1/3 of the season in

Postby bigearl » May 22nd, 2018, 8:05 am

Iconoclast wrote:The AL, for the most part, sucks with some certain exceptions. The NL, again with some exceptions, is very good.

Kind of hard to say the AL sucks... when in reality the 3 best teams in baseball are probably from the AL... Red Sox, Yankees and Astros.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Bewtween 1/4 and 1/3 of the season in

Postby Iconoclast » May 22nd, 2018, 11:56 am

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:The AL, for the most part, sucks with some certain exceptions. The NL, again with some exceptions, is very good.

Kind of hard to say the AL sucks... when in reality the 3 best teams in baseball are probably from the AL... Red Sox, Yankees and Astros.

But the rest of the AL is pretty marginal. I said "with certain exceptions". The AL Central is a waste land at the moment.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to MLB