Register

Play Ball

Who's the best 2nd baseman of all time? Should there be a salary cap? Should Pete Ro...er...some things have been talked about enough. Come talk MLB!
The Postmaster General

Play Ball

Postby Dubby » April 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm

Don't think the Yankees will be getting that home opener in
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Play Ball

Postby irishmark » April 4th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Not a great start for my Cubbies
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » April 10th, 2018, 11:14 am

Dubby wrote:Image

The Cubs are snowed out for their home opener. Colorado played their home opener in 30 degree weather. I watched the Sunday night game that was played with guys in ski masks. And I think it's Detroit that has a huge slew of their first 25 or so games in cities where temps are projected to be in the 30s and 40s. This is a crazy start to baseball.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » April 19th, 2018, 10:44 am

Iconoclast wrote:
Dubby wrote:Image

The Cubs are snowed out for their home opener. Colorado played their home opener in 30 degree weather. I watched the Sunday night game that was played with guys in ski masks. And I think it's Detroit that has a huge slew of their first 25 or so games in cities where temps are projected to be in the 30s and 40s. This is a crazy start to baseball.

Remember the article that someone posted suggesting that baseball should start a month earlier so that we fans could have a better spread of meaningful games across sports through the calendar? Well, this was exactly why we said that was a ridiculous suggestion. It's bad enough as it is. Can you imagine what it would be like in early March?

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » May 21st, 2018, 3:23 pm

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:Remember the article that someone posted suggesting that baseball should start a month earlier so that we fans could have a better spread of meaningful games across sports through the calendar? Well, this was exactly why we said that was a ridiculous suggestion. It's bad enough as it is. Can you imagine what it would be like in early March?

It would be awful MTT. Baseball starts the season in winter, basically, and finishes when winter is just a few weeks away in northern cities. It's just too long of a season. Opening day at the ballpark is when fans should soak in the freshness of the ballpark, not be shivering in their parka.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to MLB