Register

Did anyone watch the HR Derby?

Who's the best 2nd baseman of all time? Should there be a salary cap? Should Pete Ro...er...some things have been talked about enough. Come talk MLB!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Did anyone watch the HR Derby?

Postby Iconoclast » July 11th, 2017, 10:02 pm

After not watching this for years, I found myself actually enjoying it. I have to admit, the hype on Aaron Judge is well earned. A 6'8" 270 lb kid who has that athleticism and that swing is fun to watch.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Re: Did anyone watch the HR Derby?

Postby bigearl » July 13th, 2017, 9:40 am

Iconoclast wrote:After not watching this for years, I found myself actually enjoying it. I have to admit, the hype on Aaron Judge is well earned. A 6'8" 270 lb kid who has that athleticism and that swing is fun to watch.

Judge is tailor made for the HR Derby... he was hitting some moonshots. The contest is a little drawn out though... maybe they could have a preliminary round completed prior to the tv coverage picking it up.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Did anyone watch the HR Derby?

Postby Iconoclast » July 13th, 2017, 9:46 pm

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:After not watching this for years, I found myself actually enjoying it. I have to admit, the hype on Aaron Judge is well earned. A 6'8" 270 lb kid who has that athleticism and that swing is fun to watch.

Judge is tailor made for the HR Derby... he was hitting some moonshots. The contest is a little drawn out though... maybe they could have a preliminary round completed prior to the tv coverage picking it up.

He's tailor made for hitting a lot of HRs in his career. Sheesh that guy is big. I agree that they could do the first round and just go through it via replay. At least Berman isn't on there saying "back back back" with each and every home run. I really enjoyed seeing Charlie Blackmon hit. He didn't do bad for a guy that just hits line drive home runs. I get the feeling that guy will always hit a decent number of HRs as he doesn't try to hit them, he just tries to drive the ball and he makes good contact. And I liked the kid from the Dodgers. Wierd stance but he sure had some pop for a kid that was skinny.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to MLB