Register

How many games

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Turnover Chain

How many games

Postby GR82BACANE » August 14th, 2019, 9:45 am

Does Eli start this year? Personally I hope not a one. Jones is a better QB right now than Eli. The Giants aren't winning with Eli this year so let Jones take his lumps on the learning curve and be ready for next year before Barkley entire career is wasted.

The Postmaster General

Re: How many games

Postby Dubby » August 14th, 2019, 12:13 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Does Eli start this year? Personally I hope not a one. Jones is a better QB right now than Eli. The Giants aren't winning with Eli this year so let Jones take his lumps on the learning curve and be ready for next year before Barkley entire career is wasted.

The G-Men are deluding themselves on Eli

I really believe his time has come
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » September 17th, 2019, 11:54 am

2 Thank you the ELi era is over. They should trade him to a team that needs an old bad QB like Pitt

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » September 17th, 2019, 11:58 am

GR82BACANE wrote:2 Thank you the ELi era is over. They should trade him to a team that needs an old bad QB like Pitt

Ouch.

:shock:
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » September 18th, 2019, 4:21 pm

Domer wrote:
GR82BACANE wrote:2 Thank you the ELi era is over. They should trade him to a team that needs an old bad QB like Pitt

Ouch.

:shock:

Eli is handling it with class. Just like a Manning does.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » September 19th, 2019, 12:57 am

I agree that Eli is handling this with a lot of class. He did not deserve to have his start streak ended by McAdoo and has the right to be very bitter at the Giants but he is showing none. As to them trading him they need to find a team that can fit the remainder of his contract under their cap and I don’t think many teams can do that. I read where he has made more than any nfl player ever, unadjusted for the TVM but in terms of raw numbers. I think this years salary is a lot too so not sure there are many trade partners. Unless they cut him and I would hope that they wouldn’t do that without speaking to him and him agreeing to it. Plus not sure how much he has left in the tank anyway.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » September 19th, 2019, 5:31 am

Iconoclast wrote:I agree that Eli is handling this with a lot of class. He did not deserve to have his start streak ended by McAdoo and has the right to be very bitter at the Giants but he is showing none. As to them trading him they need to find a team that can fit the remainder of his contract under their cap and I don’t think many teams can do that. I read where he has made more than any nfl player ever, unadjusted for the TVM but in terms of raw numbers. I think this years salary is a lot too so not sure there are many trade partners. Unless they cut him and I would hope that they wouldn’t do that without speaking to him and him agreeing to it. Plus not sure how much he has left in the tank anyway.

The Giants owe him nothing. He has sucked for the last 4 years. He has a .500 career record. He knew what was going to happen this year he should have retired. No team will take him and his 17M salary for a 3rd rate QB.

All his stats are below both Ben and Rivers.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » September 19th, 2019, 12:09 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:The Giants owe him nothing. He has sucked for the last 4 years. He has a .500 career record. He knew what was going to happen this year he should have retired. No team will take him and his 17M salary for a 3rd rate QB.

All his stats are below both Ben and Rivers.

I think you're being too critical of Eli. The Giants had a ton of injuries, suspensions, coaching changes, and other problems from 2016 through now. During that time, the play of Manning was probably one of the least of their problems.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » September 19th, 2019, 12:44 pm

When I hear people knock Eli and extoll Rivers my mind always drifts to former QBs and I think of Dave Kreig.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » September 23rd, 2019, 7:34 am

Jones looked so much better than Eli has looked in 3-4 years in 1 game. If yesterday was any indication Jones could become a damn good QB

Next

Return to NFL