Register

Antonio Brown is a clown

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Curmudgeon

Antonio Brown is a clown

Postby Domer » August 13th, 2019, 1:10 pm

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/kliff- ... ne-related

The whole Antonio Brown saga is funny enough already. Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury just managed to make it funnier.
To recap: The Oakland Raiders traded for arguably the best wide receiver in the game and couldn’t make it two weeks into training camp without Brown suffering from frostbite and threatening retirement over a helmet.

Even with all the issues that followed Brown in Pittsburgh, this ordeal has been beyond difficult to comprehend. Like, it’s a helmet. A helmet that its own manufacturer, Schutt, stopped making because there are simply better and safer helmets available.

On Monday, the NFL seemingly called Brown’s retirement bluff and reaffirmed that he couldn’t wear the Schutt Air Advantage. That was when reporters from other NFL teams looked for reaction from players on their respective beats. Julio Jones said he didn’t have an issue with his helmet and passed on a golden opportunity to mock Brown.

Kingsbury, though, had an all-time quote for this entire situation. In an appearance on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM’s Bickley & Marotta, Kingsbury was asked if he ever had such a deep affinity for a football helmet. He responded with an excellent joke.

The question to Kingsbury was, "Have you ever had a helmet that you would consider leaving the game of football for?"

His answer was, "I haven't met a woman I would consider leaving the game of football for..."

Forget about leaving the game over a helmet, Kingsbury hasn’t even met a woman who would have him considering an exit from football.

Really, there are few football minds who can relate to what Brown is going through right now. It’s seriously just a helmet.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Re: Antonio Brown is a clown

Postby Dubby » August 13th, 2019, 5:18 pm

Domer wrote:https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/kliff-kingsbury-antonio-brown-helmet-issues-joke-raiders-nfl?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=inline-related

The whole Antonio Brown saga is funny enough already. Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury just managed to make it funnier.
To recap: The Oakland Raiders traded for arguably the best wide receiver in the game and couldn’t make it two weeks into training camp without Brown suffering from frostbite and threatening retirement over a helmet.

Even with all the issues that followed Brown in Pittsburgh, this ordeal has been beyond difficult to comprehend. Like, it’s a helmet. A helmet that its own manufacturer, Schutt, stopped making because there are simply better and safer helmets available.

On Monday, the NFL seemingly called Brown’s retirement bluff and reaffirmed that he couldn’t wear the Schutt Air Advantage. That was when reporters from other NFL teams looked for reaction from players on their respective beats. Julio Jones said he didn’t have an issue with his helmet and passed on a golden opportunity to mock Brown.

Kingsbury, though, had an all-time quote for this entire situation. In an appearance on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM’s Bickley & Marotta, Kingsbury was asked if he ever had such a deep affinity for a football helmet. He responded with an excellent joke.

The question to Kingsbury was, "Have you ever had a helmet that you would consider leaving the game of football for?"

His answer was, "I haven't met a woman I would consider leaving the game of football for..."

Forget about leaving the game over a helmet, Kingsbury hasn’t even met a woman who would have him considering an exit from football.

Really, there are few football minds who can relate to what Brown is going through right now. It’s seriously just a helmet.

One of stupidest things I've heard. The newer helmets are designed to prevent concussions.
I had no love affair with mine would never have dreamed of doing that over a helmet.

This AB being a horseA$$

FYI you look at Julio Stats he better WR over the past 5 years
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » August 14th, 2019, 9:44 am

Gruden has already made a few very questionable roster moves in just a year. His time may be a lot shorter than his contract.

Postby Maz » August 18th, 2019, 2:14 pm

The newer helmets aren't designed to "prevent" concussions. If you play tackle football, you can't "prevent" concussions.

All the new helmets do are help to lessen the number and or severity of the concussions that you will get.

It's an issue you can help to reduce, but you can't stop. So, for some athletes, if you know it's going to happen sooner or later, you want to focus on comfort and familiarity. It's the reason Dale Earnhardt Sr. didn't wear the HANS device when he died at Daytona. He figured that having full head movement in the car was more important than the possibility that he might save his life with the HANS device in a crash.
I intend to live forever... so far, so good.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » August 19th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Maz wrote:The newer helmets aren't designed to "prevent" concussions. If you play tackle football, you can't "prevent" concussions.

All the new helmets do are help to lessen the number and or severity of the concussions that you will get.

It's an issue you can help to reduce, but you can't stop. So, for some athletes, if you know it's going to happen sooner or later, you want to focus on comfort and familiarity. It's the reason Dale Earnhardt Sr. didn't wear the HANS device when he died at Daytona. He figured that having full head movement in the car was more important than the possibility that he might save his life with the HANS device in a crash.

Basically that is what I meant is reduce concussions. I'm well aware you can't prevent them having suffered a couple myself.

Yes Dale Sr cost himself his life by not wearing protective gear.

IMO, I rather wear the protective gear and reduce chances than not have it
Last edited by Dubby on August 20th, 2019, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » August 20th, 2019, 5:49 am

They should void his contract

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 20th, 2019, 11:30 am

GR82BACANE wrote:They should void his contract

Or tell him to shut up and play or he will be cut.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to NFL