Register

Nick Foles

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Nick Foles

Postby Iconoclast » March 12th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Foles signs with the Jags. A couple of thoughts here. One, I'm surprised that Philly didn't tag him so that they would get something in return. It was a nice gesture on their part to let him walk and choose where to sign. Two, I attribute some of his success in Philly to the team around him as well as the coaches and the offense they ran. I'm not saying he will be a bust in Jacksonville, but I don't see him making them a playoff contender over night.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/11662813/nick-foles-to-sign-four-year-88m-deal-with-jacksonville-jaguars

And speaking of the team around him in Jacksonville, that team is losing players to FA and trades like crazy. THe team that played NE to the wire in the playoffs two years ago is long gone.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Thong

Re: Nick Foles

Postby bigearl » March 19th, 2019, 9:50 am

Iconoclast wrote:Foles signs with the Jags. A couple of thoughts here. One, I'm surprised that Philly didn't tag him so that they would get something in return. It was a nice gesture on their part to let him walk and choose where to sign. Two, I attribute some of his success in Philly to the team around him as well as the coaches and the offense they ran. I'm not saying he will be a bust in Jacksonville, but I don't see him making them a playoff contender over night.

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/11662813/nick-foles-to-sign-four-year-88m-deal-with-jacksonville-jaguars

And speaking of the team around him in Jacksonville, that team is losing players to FA and trades like crazy. THe team that played NE to the wire in the playoffs two years ago is long gone.

Just imagine if Wentz gets hurt again this year... the Philly fans would probably riot.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Nick Foles

Postby Iconoclast » March 19th, 2019, 2:47 pm

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Foles signs with the Jags. A couple of thoughts here. One, I'm surprised that Philly didn't tag him so that they would get something in return. It was a nice gesture on their part to let him walk and choose where to sign. Two, I attribute some of his success in Philly to the team around him as well as the coaches and the offense they ran. I'm not saying he will be a bust in Jacksonville, but I don't see him making them a playoff contender over night.

Just imagine if Wentz gets hurt again this year... the Philly fans would probably riot.

If? :lol:
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Return to NFL