Register

Denver trading for an "elite" qb?

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
Thong

Denver trading for an "elite" qb?

Postby bigearl » February 13th, 2019, 11:31 am

Broncos trading for Flacco? Figured they'd be looking for a young up and comer? I saw Flacco going to a team that was in win now mode. I'm a little surprised by that one. Icono, do you like the pickup?

The Turnover Chain

Re: Denver trading for an "elite" qb?

Postby GR82BACANE » February 14th, 2019, 6:14 am

I would think this is a short term fix and they will be taking a QB if one is available in the draft this year.

Thong

Postby bigearl » February 14th, 2019, 9:41 am

GR82BACANE wrote:I would think this is a short term fix and they will be taking a QB if one is available in the draft this year.

Just seems like an odd move.. he's not cheap, he's been injured and just not very good the last few years. Now I'm assuming they dump Keenum?

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » February 18th, 2019, 5:21 pm

They will dump Keenum. What people overlook is that at the beggining of this season, his numbers were pretty good. He had like four straight 300 yard games, double digit TDs and like 3 ints. If Denver can get one reasonable year out of him and then a couple years as backup (if he will restructure his contract) then that's not bad for a fourth round pick. They can now take a CB with their first pick and maybe a QB in round 2 or 3. Or they can wait until next year and draft a QB in what appears to be a very good QB class. I think Haskins and Murray could be good but they come with more questions that most 1st round QBs. As to his contract, that's not my concern as Elway has to manage the cap. As to my excitement for Flacco, well it's not huge, but what are the alternatives? He's probably the best option out there. As to anyone calling him elite then that's mistaken. I've not heard anyone say that about him.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » February 20th, 2019, 8:53 am

Iconoclast wrote:They will dump Keenum. What people overlook is that at the beggining of this season, his numbers were pretty good. He had like four straight 300 yard games, double digit TDs and like 3 ints. If Denver can get one reasonable year out of him and then a couple years as backup (if he will restructure his contract) then that's not bad for a fourth round pick. They can now take a CB with their first pick and maybe a QB in round 2 or 3. Or they can wait until next year and draft a QB in what appears to be a very good QB class. I think Haskins and Murray could be good but they come with more questions that most 1st round QBs. As to his contract, that's not my concern as Elway has to manage the cap. As to my excitement for Flacco, well it's not huge, but what are the alternatives? He's probably the best option out there. As to anyone calling him elite then that's mistaken. I've not heard anyone say that about him.

I think he is a good short term improvement. They need to get to work getting a long term solution.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Thong

Postby bigearl » February 20th, 2019, 10:14 am

Domer wrote:I think he is a good short term improvement. They need to get to work getting a long term solution.

We'll see.. I think it depends on what they get in return for Keenum..I don't see Flacco (at this stage) being a significant upgrade over Keenum.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » February 20th, 2019, 11:03 am

bigearl wrote:
Domer wrote:I think he is a good short term improvement. They need to get to work getting a long term solution.

We'll see.. I think it depends on what they get in return for Keenum..I don't see Flacco (at this stage) being a significant upgrade over Keenum.

You could be right. I am not a Keenum fan.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » February 20th, 2019, 6:04 pm

Keenum does not process information quickly. He missed too many coverage last year. Everyone looks at the Minnesota season and thinks that is who he is when in reality he's really just the guy Denver had last year, a guy who is suited to be a backup. Of course, Minnesota didn't do well with Cousins either and they are stuck with a huge contract. Keenum probably goes to Washington.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » February 24th, 2019, 8:55 am

Iconoclast wrote:Keenum does not process information quickly. He missed too many coverage last year. Everyone looks at the Minnesota season and thinks that is who he is when in reality he's really just the guy Denver had last year, a guy who is suited to be a backup. Of course, Minnesota didn't do well with Cousins either and they are stuck with a huge contract. Keenum probably goes to Washington.

I agree with that assessment.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to NFL