Register

What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » February 4th, 2019, 8:13 am

The game (except for Pats fans) sucked, the halftime sucked, and 90 percent of the commercials sucked (only liked the Stella Artois and Amazon commercials). Hell, the most interesting part of the whole game was the NFL 100 year tribute video with all the past greats in it.
HOOK 'EM!

The Turnover Chain

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby GR82BACANE » February 4th, 2019, 8:40 am

Game was boring. The halftime show was awful. Honestly didn't see a commercial.

Thong

Postby bigearl » February 4th, 2019, 9:58 am

DiehardLonghornFan wrote:The game (except for Pats fans) sucked, the halftime sucked, and 90 percent of the commercials sucked (only liked the Stella Artois and Amazon commercials). Hell, the most interesting part of the whole game was the NFL 100 year tribute video with all the past greats in it.

The game was driving me nuts... all I kept thinking is Patriots should be up by at least 2 scores the whole time. Was some pretty good defense played on both sides though. :trophy:

The Game of Thrones / Bud Light commercial was good.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » February 4th, 2019, 10:45 am

I think this game should resolve the question once and for all about who was more important to the Patriot dynasty between Belichick and Brady. What a masterful defensive game plan put together by the greatest football coach ever.

Thong

Postby bigearl » February 4th, 2019, 10:58 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:I think this game should resolve the question once and for all about who was more important to the Patriot dynasty between Belichick and Brady. What a masterful defensive game plan put together by the greatest football coach ever.

:ROFL: Uhh ok.. and the other times when Brady puts up huge points to outscore teams? If anything.. it shows they have been able to win in different ways (hint.. Both are important to the dynasty). I actually feel bad for Flores, all anyone said last night was Bill B crafted it.. Bill B said after the game Flores put the defensive game plan in for this one.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » February 4th, 2019, 11:54 am

Flores will be as bad as a head coach as any of the other former assistants from that team. Great coach with absolutely no coaching tree. Flores got no credit because he deserves none. Patricia can’t even show up to his own meetings on time. Lol.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Thong

Postby bigearl » February 4th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Flores will be as bad as a head coach as any of the other former assistants from that team. Great coach with absolutely no coaching tree. Flores got no credit because he deserves none. Patricia can’t even show up to his own meetings on time. Lol.

It's a good thing he isn't paid to supply the NFL with great future head coaches then... ;) How on earth do you know Flores deserves no credit? Almost all coaches success is hinged on them having a top tier qb.

Postby Iconoclast » February 4th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Flores just called plays. He wasn’t DC. And Belichick designed the plan. Weis, Crennel, boy blunder, now Patricia and then Flores. All lousy head coaches.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » February 4th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Navy Seal Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Postby Iconoclast » February 4th, 2019, 7:09 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:I think this game should resolve the question once and for all about who was more important to the Patriot dynasty between Belichick and Brady. What a masterful defensive game plan put together by the greatest football coach ever.

Brady has had a couple of big games in the SB, but you really see the genius of Belichick in these games. I go back to Brady being hurt and Cassel leading them to the playoffs. And when Brady was suspended, they still went 3-1 without him and using the backup and then the third teamer (who played most of last year in Indy and didn't do squat).

As to this game, they limited the Rams to a few big plays and opportunities. However, there were a couple of them there. The back of the end zone breakup by the guy who wasn't even supposed to be back covering the receiver. And also the play where cooks dropped the ball. It was good defense, but the ball was right there, albiet he had to use one hand because the other one was being held down. Either of those plays get made and who knows what the outcome of the game is. Also, not sure what the deal with Gurley was yet again.

Next

Return to NFL