Register

Good SB match up, but

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Good SB match up, but

Postby Iconoclast » January 22nd, 2019, 6:45 pm

It would have been more interesting I think to see Brees Brady or Mahomes Goff. A matchup with two HOF QBs near the ends of their careers or a match up of two of the top young QBs. I think a Brees Brady match up would have been pretty compelling. These are two of the best all time, not just HOF'rs, so it would have been a very memorable game. I need to look back through the all time SB games to see if there were any others that had two all time great QBs playing each other. Elway vs. Favre in 97 comes to mind.

In NFC Championship games, Emmitt played Rice, and I put those two as two of the all time greatest players, but of course they are not QBs. I find it funny that Rice is regarded as the greatest player of all time by so many and that Smith doesn't garner the same. I think what Emmitt did was as impressive as what Rice did.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Thong

Re: Good SB match up, but

Postby bigearl » January 23rd, 2019, 10:36 am

Iconoclast wrote:It would have been more interesting I think to see Brees Brady or Mahomes Goff. A matchup with two HOF QBs near the ends of their careers or a match up of two of the top young QBs. I think a Brees Brady match up would have been pretty compelling. These are two of the best all time, not just HOF'rs, so it would have been a very memorable game. I need to look back through the all time SB games to see if there were any others that had two all time great QBs playing each other. Elway vs. Favre in 97 comes to mind.

In NFC Championship games, Emmitt played Rice, and I put those two as two of the all time greatest players, but of course they are not QBs. I find it funny that Rice is regarded as the greatest player of all time by so many and that Smith doesn't garner the same. I think what Emmitt did was as impressive as what Rice did.

I was really hoping for the Brady vs Brees matchup.

I was disappointed with Brees in the NFC championship... he really should have put that game away.

The Curmudgeon

Re: Good SB match up, but

Postby Domer » January 27th, 2019, 9:00 am

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:It would have been more interesting I think to see Brees Brady or Mahomes Goff. A matchup with two HOF QBs near the ends of their careers or a match up of two of the top young QBs. I think a Brees Brady match up would have been pretty compelling. These are two of the best all time, not just HOF'rs, so it would have been a very memorable game. I need to look back through the all time SB games to see if there were any others that had two all time great QBs playing each other. Elway vs. Favre in 97 comes to mind.

I was really hoping for the Brady vs Brees matchup.

I was disappointed with Brees in the NFC championship... he really should have put that game away.

I agree on both points.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Return to NFL