Register

Rough day for the refs

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Rough day for the refs

Postby Iconoclast » January 23rd, 2019, 12:04 am

Dubby, no doubt the Saints can look in the mirror and see what cost them the game. And they benefited from some missed calls. The thing is, the refs should be better overall. They missed the interference call. And they missed other calls. It wasn't a good game for that crew. I think that in the AFC game, the refs swallowed their whistles, especially regarding the DBs. In the regular season, they would have called defensive holding much more often. The NFL really needs to tell the refs to call big games the same way as regular season games. You can't have an effective "change of the rules" occur when the playoffs come.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » January 23rd, 2019, 7:50 am

Would be hilarious if Goddell stepped in and had them replay last of hte game after the PI.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 23rd, 2019, 8:51 am

GR82BACANE wrote:Would be hilarious if Goddell stepped in and had them replay last of hte game after the PI.

Not going to happen

You had FG kicked at that point Aints took the lead 23-20

They failed to keep the Rams out of FG range in last part possession after that

The Aints got the coin toss in OT Drew Brees threws pick that set-up the game winning FG

The Aints Org has not level an official challenge

No court is going to do anything but, throw the lawsuit out as frivolous and they are

It would one thing if they were trailing and they lost on that play

But, they went ahead and still had chances to win

Everyone zero in on they would run out the clock left the Rams no time

Well they should played better up 13-0 and 20-10 having the football also

Roger Goodell as bad as he is not going to do that
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 23rd, 2019, 9:07 am

Don't be surprised if review of PI at least in the last 2 Mins is added to the game

Gaye Benson Aints while not challenging the outcome of game is questioning NFL Integrity something the league doesn't like

I don't agree with Stephen A that much but, he spot on. While the missed call was egregious

Where are pundits questioning Aints poor play at home? Thomas one league best WR 4 catches 32 yards 1 catch entire 2nd half

That pass in question was poorly thrown and 4 yards away from WR, most of league DB would have knocked it down or picked it off.

The LA DB inexperienced panic and ran into Aints WR helmet to Helmet

That's what I've been saying to the delusional Aints Nation still Whinnying you really played poorly and really should have lost
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 23rd, 2019, 10:32 am

Iconoclast wrote:The missed call against LA that cost NO the game was terrible. There is no excuse for missing that call.

In the AFC game, the call against KC for roughing the passer on Brady was terrible.

And the missed pick call against KC was equally as terrible.

And these were just the egregious misses, I'm sure fans of all of the teams today could nit pick various calls.

The Pass interference no call was pathetic.

The AFC title game had them on both sides which pretty much nullified each other. There were a couple awful no calls that went in KC's favor as well.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 23rd, 2019, 11:35 am

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:The missed call against LA that cost NO the game was terrible. There is no excuse for missing that call.

In the AFC game, the call against KC for roughing the passer on Brady was terrible.

And these were just the egregious misses, I'm sure fans of all of the teams today could nit pick various calls.

The AFC title game had them on both sides which pretty much nullified each other. There were a couple awful no calls that went in KC's favor as well.

That no facemask call on Groh and Wood was pathetic

The no delay of game call on one of Aints TD was also pathetic

Officiating was horrible on Sunday make no mistake about it

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 24th, 2019, 4:27 pm

bigearl wrote:

I mentioned the pick call that they didn't call against KC. However I wouldn't conclude that they nullified each other. We really don't know how the game would have turned out if they had not missed calls. I am really surprised that they overturned the Edleman punt muff. Personally I don't think he touched it because he didn't react and chase after it. However, they called it a muff and I didn't really see any evidence that concluded he didn't touch it. If I were a KC fan, I would be upset over that call.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Previous

Return to NFL