Register

Rough day for the refs

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Rough day for the refs

Postby Iconoclast » January 20th, 2019, 10:40 pm

The missed call against LA that cost NO the game was terrible. There is no excuse for missing that call.

In the AFC game, the call against KC for roughing the passer on Brady was terrible.

And the missed pick call against KC was equally as terrible.

And these were just the egregious misses, I'm sure fans of all of the teams today could nit pick various calls.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Rough day for the refs

Postby irishmark » January 21st, 2019, 7:00 am

The PI missed in new Orleans was embarrassing.

Also Goff had his facemask grabbed with no call.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 21st, 2019, 11:19 am

irishmark wrote:The PI missed in new Orleans was embarrassing.

There were so missed calls in the Rams-Aints game it was totally embarrassing.

There were four major penalties missed on Aints against the Rams all of which could greatly altered the game for Rams

I agree the missed PI in final two minutes was huge.

But, as I've the told most obnoxious, arrogant pro football fanbase you ever want to meet 1 title in 50 plus years of existence (acts like Pro football didn't exist in Stinky Town Prior to Hurricane Katrina) a doormat for 40 plus years. Trying living down here in the Metro Atlanta the bitter rival for 25 years with their transplants and you understand me totally :x

You led by 13 points at home you had the Rams reeling and you couldn't put them away in the first half.

You got all the breaks including penalties galore they failed to call on your suspect defense all first half and throughout the 3rd Qtr

It shouldn't have come down to one call and all this whinnying and calling the NFL a disgrace.

Totally glad they lost and we don't have deal with more of them for the next two weeks. Even if that was total blown call.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 22nd, 2019, 12:26 pm

Terrible officiating.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 22nd, 2019, 1:31 pm

Domer wrote:

Terrible officiating.

The Goff facemask came with the Rams inside the 2 yard line and having to settle for FG

No one is talking about what happens if the Rams get 1st goal at the 1 on that missed call another 3 cracks from the 1 instead of settling of FG at that point.

This stupid fanbase of the Aints are buying up billboards around Mercedes Benz to put 'We was Robbed"

Any wonder why we here in ATL hate them with a passion (Long before the Super Bowl win mind you) :x

They're been trolling the crap out of us since New England rallied from 28-3 down to break our hearts

I told one in our office you had the Minneapolis Miracle and No PI call at home

Maybe the Football Gods are trying to tell your fanbase something since that's been post two years of our loss and your constant trolling of us.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 22nd, 2019, 1:37 pm

Dubby wrote:
Domer wrote:Terrible officiating.

The Goff facemask came with the Rams inside the 2 yard line and having to settle for FG

No one is talking about what happens if the Rams get 1st goal at the 1 on that missed call another 3 cracks from the 1 instead of settling of FG at that point.

This stupid fanbase of the Aints are buying up billboards around Mercedes Benz to put 'We was Robbed"

Any wonder why we here in ATL hate them with a passion (Long before the Super Bowl win mind you) :x

They're been trolling the crap out of us since New England rallied from 28-3 down to break our hearts

I told one in our office you had the Minneapolis Miracle and No PI call at home

Maybe the Football Gods are trying to tell your fanbase something since that's been post two years of our loss and your constant trolling of us.

Yes, the bad officiating went both ways and affected both teams.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Postby Iconoclast » January 22nd, 2019, 6:40 pm

Wasn't there a point or two where the clock ran out on NO and the refs didn't call delay of game? I think Suh was pointing to the clock in fact. Again, my original post just pointed out the most egregious calls but yes, there were more in both games.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 22nd, 2019, 7:12 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Wasn't there a point or two where the clock ran out on NO and the refs didn't call delay of game? I think Suh was pointing to the clock in fact. Again, my original post just pointed out the most egregious calls but yes, there were more in both games.

Icono,

The officiating sucked

The clocked ran out on one of Aints scoring drives wasn't called clearly shown on twitter and one many blown calls in the games. Inside the 5 yard line play clock at zero ball not snapped.

There were two missed Face mask penalties on the Rams one that would have kept a scoring drive alive another on scoring drive where they settle for FG

There was clear head stomp they should have been 15 yards not called.

Aints led 13-0 and again 20-10 at home where they've never loss a playoff game with Brees at QB Payton at Coach

The Rams were reeling couldn't hear and subject myriad of bad calls

Brees took back to back sacks almost never see that happen.

Threw horrible pass on 3rd and five all this happen while they had the Rams reeling on defense

Even on the PI bad call in last two minutes 90% of guys in the league either knock down that poorly thrown ball or pick off and run the other way.

The bottom line is the Aints had their chances and have no one to blame but themselves for letting this one get away and come down to that bad call.

So basically after they built the 13-0 early lead they really played very poorly after that all things considered.

The Rams adjustments had much to do with that also
Last edited by Dubby on January 22nd, 2019, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iconoclast » January 22nd, 2019, 7:49 pm

Dubby wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Wasn't there a point or two where the clock ran out on NO and the refs didn't call delay of game? I think Suh was pointing to the clock in fact. Again, my original post just pointed out the most egregious calls but yes, there were more in both games.

Icono,

The officiating sucked

The clocked ran out on one of Aints scoring drives wasn't called clearly shown on twitter and one many blown calls in the games. Inside the 5 yard line play clock at zero ball not snapped.

There were two missed Face mask penalties on the Rams one that would have kept a scoring drive alive another on scoring drive where they settle for FG

Aints led 13-0 and again 20-10 at home where they've never loss a playoff game with Brees at QB Payton at Coach

The Rams were reeling couldn't here and subject myriad of bad calls

Threw horrible pass on 3rd and five all this happen while they had the Rams reeling on defense

Even on the PI bad call in last two minutes 90% of guys in the league either knock down that poorly thrown ball or pick off and run the other way.

The bottom line is the Aints had their chances and have no one to blame but themselves for letting this one get awy and come down to that bad call.

So basically after they built the 13-0 early lead they really played very poorly after that all things considered.

Yeah, it was a rough day. The NFL does do post game grading and review and hopefully they see these issues and correct them. One thing that we, as fans, aren't aware of however is that the NFL gives guidance on how certain penalties should be enforced. For example, I thought it was a terrible call when Chiefs got a roughing the passer call when the players hand just went over Brady's head and down the face. However, that ref may get graded as fine for that call because the NFL might instruct officials that any blow, even if they just touch the head gets flagged. But yes, you are right, they missed some obvious calls. Time expiring is a no brainer. It's black and white. The facemask on Goff, a call like that can't be missed. On the other hand, Chiefs fans are upset about the offsides call against Dee Ford, however it was clear he lined up off sides. Is an official just supposed to overlook that?

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 22nd, 2019, 11:36 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
Dubby wrote:

Icono,

The officiating sucked

The Rams were reeling couldn't here and subject myriad of bad calls

The bottom line is the Aints had their chances and have no one to blame but themselves for letting this one get awy and come down to that bad call.

Yeah, it was a rough day. The NFL does do post game grading and review and hopefully they see these issues and correct them. One thing that we, as fans, aren't aware of however is that the NFL gives guidance on how certain penalties should be enforced. For example, I thought it was a terrible call when Chiefs got a roughing the passer call when the players hand just went over Brady's head and down the face. However, that ref may get graded as fine for that call because the NFL might instruct officials that any blow, even if they just touch the head gets flagged. But yes, you are right, they missed some obvious calls. Time expiring is a no brainer. It's black and white. The facemask on Goff, a call like that can't be missed. On the other hand, Chiefs fans are upset about the offsides call against Dee Ford, however it was clear he lined up off sides. Is an official just supposed to overlook that?

Ford was offside and admitted that was bonehead mistake on his part. The roughing passer call was garbage. That was swing and miss and never should been called.

Aints are getting on my last nerves as they clearly benefited from some real poor officiating for better part of almost 3 Qtrs. There so called great team couldn't get done at home after leading by double digits twice and having the football.

This car dealer spending all this money on billboard and frivolous going nowhere lawsuits Vs NFL. Should ask Brees and WTF was was that from 13-0 at home up and until the bad call? Michael Thomas who Torch the Rams the 1st time around had 4 catches for 36 yards in this game his longest was 19 yards in the 1st half. He had 1 catch the entire 2nd half your talking one the best WR in the league with one great offensive coaches and QB.

Speaking of Brees he had 60 QBR for 88 QB rating at home in the their place

That where they lost game not one the last play. One their explosive offense being shutdown

Their delusional fanbase and pundits have spent so much time bashing the one call

No one has looked at the really mediocre game their high octane offense played

Next

Return to NFL