Register

So, 1-2 in both divisions

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

So, 1-2 in both divisions

Postby Iconoclast » January 14th, 2019, 1:58 am

So sad that we get no posts in here. In the NFC, I am pretty happy as I like both teams. I thought last off season that the Rams would be the team to beat, and so far, they are holding steady, albeit they have to travel to NO to play the Saints. In the AFC, like every one else, I am tire of the Pats, however I hate the Chiefs. If there is an overrated franchise in the NFL, it is the Chiefs. A team whose only SB trophy could be accurately appraised on Antique Road Show, a team who has defined playoff futility, a team who is now coached by a coach who everyone credits for a coaching tree pedigree however who has completely under performed in the playoffs, well, that is the Chiefs. And the reality is, KC isn't even an original AFL franchisee, the Chiefs were the Dallas Texans until Lamar Hunt relocated them to KC. For a franchise that gets a lot of NFL notoriety, the Chiefs are pretty forlorn.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Thong

Re: So, 1-2 in both divisions

Postby bigearl » January 14th, 2019, 9:17 am

Iconoclast wrote:So sad that we get no posts in here. In the NFC, I am pretty happy as I like both teams. I thought last off season that the Rams would be the team to beat, and so far, they are holding steady, albeit they have to travel to NO to play the Saints. In the AFC, like every one else, I am tire of the Pats, however I hate the Chiefs. If there is an overrated franchise in the NFL, it is the Chiefs. A team whose only SB trophy could be accurately appraised on Antique Road Show, a team who has defined playoff futility, a team who is now coached by a coach who everyone credits for a coaching tree pedigree however who has completely under performed in the playoffs, well, that is the Chiefs. And the reality is, KC isn't even an original AFL franchisee, the Chiefs were the Dallas Texans until Lamar Hunt relocated them to KC. For a franchise that gets a lot of NFL notoriety, the Chiefs are pretty forlorn.

Since you hate the Chiefs.. its obvious you should be rooting for NE! :lol: It's hard to fathom that that ridiculous ending to the Dolphins game is what caused the Pats to be a #2 seed and have to go to KC this weekend. Personally, I'd love to see a Brady vs Brees SB.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 14th, 2019, 6:51 pm

bigearl wrote:Since you hate the Chiefs.. its obvious you should be rooting for NE! :lol: It's hard to fathom that that ridiculous ending to the Dolphins game is what caused the Pats to be a #2 seed and have to go to KC this weekend. Personally, I'd love to see a Brady vs Brees SB.

A Brady vs Brees Super Bowl would be fine by me.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » January 16th, 2019, 2:15 pm

Domer wrote:
bigearl wrote:Since you hate the Chiefs.. its obvious you should be rooting for NE! :lol: It's hard to fathom that that ridiculous ending to the Dolphins game is what caused the Pats to be a #2 seed and have to go to KC this weekend. Personally, I'd love to see a Brady vs Brees SB.

Rather see Andy Reid finally get one.
“Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty”.

Joseph Goebbells

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 16th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Domer wrote:

As long as Brees wins, I would agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Brady's Super Bowl record brought down a notch. That said, I'd just as soon, they not be there with a chance to win it and have to listen to the Brady worship.

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 17th, 2019, 1:43 pm

MikeTheTiger wrote:As long as Brees wins, I would agree. I wouldn't mind seeing Brady's Super Bowl record brought down a notch. That said, I'd just as soon, they not be there with a chance to win it and have to listen to the Brady worship.

Earlier in the year I thought the NFC teams were the dominant teams this year.. but at this point, I think whoever wins between NE and KC will be Champs.

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » January 17th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Not a team left I can root for.

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 18th, 2019, 11:50 am

GR82BACANE wrote:Not a team left I can root for.

Just root for the "feel good" story which is the "underdog" New England Patriots then... ;)

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 20th, 2019, 10:36 pm

bigearl wrote:
Since you hate the Chiefs.. its obvious you should be rooting for NE! :lol: It's hard to fathom that that ridiculous ending to the Dolphins game is what caused the Pats to be a #2 seed and have to go to KC this weekend. Personally, I'd love to see a Brady vs Brees SB.

I actually did root for the Pats. I mean, as much as you dislike Denver, wouldn't you root for them against the Jets? Not that the Jets have much of a recent SB legacy. Ditto the Dolphins who haven't been in the big game for around 35 years and before that it was what, 1975?

I tell you, Andy Reid is an idiot. Even Jim Nance knew KC should call a timeout before NE scored. Reid runs a junk offense that has no real identity, he is great at designing plays, but not at developing a system and a strategy. It works well in the regular season, but fails in the post season. He relies on star players rather than putting his team in the best position to win.
Everything good that's ever happened to me came out of helping others. Danny Trejo

Return to NFL