Register

Kliff Kingbury - Cardinals

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Kliff Kingbury - Cardinals

Postby Iconoclast » January 8th, 2019, 4:16 pm

Fired by Texas Tech, then gets two interviews in the NFL and is rumored to be the new coach of the Cardinals. Does this make sense to anyone besides the guy who is making the decision in Arizona?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kliff-kingsbury-become-head-coach-arizona-cardinals-200738798.html
Make GASF Great Again!

The Turnover Chain

Re: Kliff Kingbury - Cardinals

Postby GR82BACANE » January 9th, 2019, 8:28 am

No but can't blame him for taking it.

Postby Iconoclast » January 9th, 2019, 6:44 pm

In listening to sports talk radio, everyone else is as confused by this as I am. I get it that he coached Mahomes in college and that he's got a great offensive mind, but let's face it, the NFL is entirely another animal. And good luck putting together a staff. Steve Wilkes had an awful year, but to me he deserved another year. I won't be surprised to see Arizona picking in the top three again next year, perhaps No. 1 overall.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 14th, 2019, 9:19 am

Iconoclast wrote:In listening to sports talk radio, everyone else is as confused by this as I am. I get it that he coached Mahomes in college and that he's got a great offensive mind, but let's face it, the NFL is entirely another animal. And good luck putting together a staff. Steve Wilkes had an awful year, but to me he deserved another year. I won't be surprised to see Arizona picking in the top three again next year, perhaps No. 1 overall.

Anyone with any tie what so ever to McVay is getting a job right now it seems. To be honest, I don't mind seeing the fresh faces rather than the same old retreads.

Postby Iconoclast » January 20th, 2019, 10:41 pm

bigearl wrote: To be honest, I don't mind seeing the fresh faces rather than the same old retreads.

Like 60 year old Vic Fangio?
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to NFL