Register

The Lonesome Kicker

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
Thong

The Lonesome Kicker

Postby bigearl » January 7th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Had to feel for Cody Parkey. Terrible way to lose a game and I think the people of Chicago will be on him for quite some time.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: The Lonesome Kicker

Postby Iconoclast » January 7th, 2019, 11:57 pm

bigearl wrote:Had to feel for Cody Parkey. Terrible way to lose a game and I think the people of Chicago will be on him for quite some time.

Kick was blocked now it turns out. Wasn't really all his fault.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/not-miss-nfl-officially-credits-eagles-treyvon-hester-blocked-kick-vs-bears-195042961.html
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » January 8th, 2019, 9:09 am

Iconoclast wrote:
bigearl wrote:Had to feel for Cody Parkey. Terrible way to lose a game and I think the people of Chicago will be on him for quite some time.

Kick was blocked now it turns out. Wasn't really all his fault.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/not-miss-nfl-officially-credits-eagles-treyvon-hester-blocked-kick-vs-bears-195042961.html

I wonder how much it affected it vs let's get the heat off this poor guy. Typically when it's blocked you see a real change in pattern of the ball. It's not like he didn't have a history of banging uprights.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 9th, 2019, 8:50 am

Knowing his propensity for hitting the posts the Bears should have got the ball to the middle of the field. Some of this has to be on the coach too.

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » January 10th, 2019, 2:15 pm

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:Knowing his propensity for hitting the posts the Bears should have got the ball to the middle of the field. Some of this has to be on the coach too.

Left hash, right hash, center.

He hit the post from everywhere this year!
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 10th, 2019, 3:26 pm

irishmark wrote:
*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:Knowing his propensity for hitting the posts the Bears should have got the ball to the middle of the field. Some of this has to be on the coach too.

Left hash, right hash, center.

He hit the post from everywhere this year!

Not a good week for the Bears. They lost due to a missed FG, then they lose their DC and their chosen replacement for DC goes to Tampa instead.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to NFL