Register

Aaron Rogers

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Aaron Rogers

Postby Iconoclast » December 6th, 2018, 6:30 pm

I keep watching games with Green Bay and the announcers go on and on about how great he is and how you can't leave much time on the clock with him or he will score. Or they talk about how you have to score TDs against them or Aaron Rogers will make you pay. Well, I haven't seen much of that this year and really don't recall a lot of it in the recent past. This guy has a guarantee for $103M, a contract for $135M and a max of $180M. For a guy who is making a guarantee of $26M a year, and really is making closer to $44M a year, I would expect a better record and more of a contender from Green Bay. Ok, so he counts a lot against he cap and limits what you pay other players, but that's why you sign him for that amount. You feel that his talent overcomes the fact that you will be limited in other areas. I know they just fired McCarthy and maybe he is to blame for some of this, but I put a decedent amount of blame on Rogers. I don't feel he is due all the praise he receives.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Re: Aaron Rogers

Postby bigearl » December 10th, 2018, 10:50 am

Iconoclast wrote:I keep watching games with Green Bay and the announcers go on and on about how great he is and how you can't leave much time on the clock with him or he will score. Or they talk about how you have to score TDs against them or Aaron Rogers will make you pay. Well, I haven't seen much of that this year and really don't recall a lot of it in the recent past. This guy has a guarantee for $103M, a contract for $135M and a max of $180M. For a guy who is making a guarantee of $26M a year, and really is making closer to $44M a year, I would expect a better record and more of a contender from Green Bay. Ok, so he counts a lot against he cap and limits what you pay other players, but that's why you sign him for that amount. You feel that his talent overcomes the fact that you will be limited in other areas. I know they just fired McCarthy and maybe he is to blame for some of this, but I put a decedent amount of blame on Rogers. I don't feel he is due all the praise he receives.

I agree.. You hear a lot from former teammates about how clashes with his coaches as well.

The Turnover Chain

Re: Aaron Rogers

Postby GR82BACANE » December 10th, 2018, 11:42 am

He even cut off his own family.

Return to NFL