Register

NY Giants

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Turnover Chain

NY Giants

Postby GR82BACANE » October 17th, 2018, 11:04 am

With the 1st pick in the 2019 NFL draft the NY Giants select Justin Herbert QB Oregon. All the other offensive pieces are in place. Eli has AERO arm strength left. He can't throw a deep ball to save his life completely wasting OBJ talent. He can complete 27-35 for 250 yards all on short routes but can't make the crucial 3RD down pass when the D is looking for it.

He ahs had a good career in NY. Probably gets into the HOF with his 2 Super Bowls but it is time to move on.

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: NY Giants

Postby irishmark » October 17th, 2018, 11:27 am

GR82BACANE wrote:With the 1st pick in the 2019 NFL draft the NY Giants select Justin Herbert QB Oregon. All the other offensive pieces are in place. Eli has AERO arm strength left. He can't throw a deep ball to save his life completely wasting OBJ talent. He can complete 27-35 for 250 yards all on short routes but can't make the crucial 3RD down pass when the D is looking for it.

He ahs had a good career in NY. Probably gets into the HOF with his 2 Super Bowls but it is time to move on.

Sadly I agree.
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » October 17th, 2018, 9:30 pm

Yes, Eli clearly does not have it anymore. It's somewhat odd because the other two QBs in that class are still playing at a high level.

As I've said I think Herbert and Dungey are the top two QBs coming out. Schools that used to produce NFL QB prospects like ND, Miami, Michigan, ... just aren't anymore.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » October 23rd, 2018, 10:23 am

Unless it is a quick slant or a pass to the RB Eli has lost any ability he had. Throw in dumb ass play calling having Eli run a QB sneak and wasting any chance at a possible victory. No point winning now I hope the Giants finish 1-15 and get the 1st pick.

SF next week and Tampa should be there only chances at Victory.

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » December 10th, 2018, 11:42 am

And now they are ruining their draft position.

Thong

Postby bigearl » December 10th, 2018, 2:18 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:And now they are ruining their draft position.

:lol:

Postby Iconoclast » December 11th, 2018, 2:02 pm

The Bay area is fighting over the top spot. It's a slap fight between SF and Oakland, both of whom hurt their chances by winning this past weekend.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » December 11th, 2018, 3:40 pm

The 2019 QB FA market is awful Bridgewater would be the only one that would be a remote possibility of starting in the NFL. Looks like ELi for another year unless a trade is made.

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » December 12th, 2018, 10:25 am

Yes they are.

In the NFL and NBA, it's important to either be great or be dreadful.

8-8 or 7-9 puts you in mediocrity hell!
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Postby Iconoclast » December 12th, 2018, 1:20 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:The 2019 QB FA market is awful Bridgewater would be the only one that would be a remote possibility of starting in the NFL. Looks like ELi for another year unless a trade is made.

I think Flacco will be available. Te reality however is that there are not a lot of teams in desperate need of a QB. Jacksonville and the Giants lead the list. Denver is right behind them. After that, its teams like Pittsburgh and San Diego and New England, who will be looking for guys to step in two to four years from now.
Make GASF Great Again!

Next

Return to NFL