Register

Week 3

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Turnover Chain
Posts: 1250
Joined: August 26th, 2013, 3:20 am
Location: Bryant Ark

Week 3

Postby GR82BACANE » September 24th, 2018, 6:58 am

Crazy. Bills kill the Vikings. Lions kill the Pats and Titans beat the Jags in a FG contest. This is why I don't bet NFL games.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5229
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Week 3

Postby Iconoclast » September 24th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Week in, week out, anyone can win a game, especially at home. It's more pronounced in the NFL than in college, however week in and week out you have crazy outcomes in college games, ODU being a case in point.

Some of my thoughts thru week 3:

- what is wrong with the Texans? 0-3? I thought they were playoff destined. I know ACLs are hard to come back from mentally, but I expected at least one win so far.

- Pittsburgh - they better win tonight or chaos will completely erupt in that team. I mean, it's really bad right now, but if they lose tonight, it's going to be hell in that town. Bell not reporting and now being on the block, Brown tweeting about trading him, .... it's not good.

- Jags - Titans - 5 FGs. No TDs. What a boring game.

- Raiders 0 - 3, I guess that "Gruden magic" has yet to display itself. What players are now on the trade block? Jack Del Rio is laughing his arse off at this point.

- Rams and KC - the best teams in the NFL? At this point, probably. Although I think the Rams are head and shoulders better. They are a complete team. KC is an offense only.

- Cowboys - I just have to laugh. Remember their fans, during the 2016 season trying to claim that their recent draft of Elliott and Prescott and others was the best of all time? Well, they don't look so hot now. Prescott can't throw downfield and Elliott can't run without that great line opening up holes for him.

Last, Dez Bryant - still looking for a job, unless I missed where someone picked him up. He's better than some WRs that are on rosters right now, isn't he? Or is he just asking for too much money?
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong
Posts: 842
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Re: Week 3

Postby bigearl » September 24th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Week in, week out, anyone can win a game, especially at home. It's more pronounced in the NFL than in college, however week in and week out you have crazy outcomes in college games, ODU being a case in point.

Some of my thoughts thru week 3:

- what is wrong with the Texans? 0-3? I thought they were playoff destined. I know ACLs are hard to come back from mentally, but I expected at least one win so far.

- Pittsburgh - they better win tonight or chaos will completely erupt in that team. I mean, it's really bad right now, but if they lose tonight, it's going to be hell in that town. Bell not reporting and now being on the block, Brown tweeting about trading him, .... it's not good.

- Jags - Titans - 5 FGs. No TDs. What a boring game.

- Raiders 0 - 3, I guess that "Gruden magic" has yet to display itself. What players are now on the trade block? Jack Del Rio is laughing his arse off at this point.

- Rams and KC - the best teams in the NFL? At this point, probably. Although I think the Rams are head and shoulders better. They are a complete team. KC is an offense only.

- Cowboys - I just have to laugh. Remember their fans, during the 2016 season trying to claim that their recent draft of Elliott and Prescott and others was the best of all time? Well, they don't look so hot now. Prescott can't throw downfield and Elliott can't run without that great line opening up holes for him.

Last, Dez Bryant - still looking for a job, unless I missed where someone picked him up. He's better than some WRs that are on rosters right now, isn't he? Or is he just asking for too much money?


I'll add .. Big game for NE next week now... they lose at home to Miami (who'd move to 4-0) and things will start getting testy in NE!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5229
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Week 3

Postby Iconoclast » September 24th, 2018, 4:06 pm

bigearl wrote:
I'll add .. Big game for NE next week now... they lose at home to Miami (who'd move to 4-0) and things will start getting testy in NE!



They got beat by two teams who had vendettas against them. You knew Patricia would have a good game plan for them. And the Jags were upset about last year. Jags are a good team if they can keep Bortles from beating themselves.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong
Posts: 842
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Re: Week 3

Postby bigearl » September 25th, 2018, 10:35 am

Iconoclast wrote:
bigearl wrote:
I'll add .. Big game for NE next week now... they lose at home to Miami (who'd move to 4-0) and things will start getting testy in NE!



They got beat by two teams who had vendettas against them. You knew Patricia would have a good game plan for them. And the Jags were upset about last year. Jags are a good team if they can keep Bortles from beating themselves.


Maybe.. but this season has a bit of a different feel to it. I guess once they get some key guys back we'll see... but I'm not feeling to good about them at this point.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5229
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Week 3

Postby Iconoclast » September 25th, 2018, 11:42 am

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
bigearl wrote:
I'll add .. Big game for NE next week now... they lose at home to Miami (who'd move to 4-0) and things will start getting testy in NE!



They got beat by two teams who had vendettas against them. You knew Patricia would have a good game plan for them. And the Jags were upset about last year. Jags are a good team if they can keep Bortles from beating themselves.


Maybe.. but this season has a bit of a different feel to it. I guess once they get some key guys back we'll see... but I'm not feeling to good about them at this point.


I think the friction between B and B is real. They traded Garappolo because Brady didn't want a Peyton Manning situation and Bill sent Tom's medical guru to the stands. I would be worried too. I don't know if Bill can win without Tom and Tom isn't going to flourish in any system that isn't Bill's. Plus this could be the cliff for Tom.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5229
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Week 3

Postby Iconoclast » September 25th, 2018, 11:46 am

- Pittsburgh - they better win tonight or chaos will completely erupt in that team. I mean, it's really bad right now, but if they lose tonight, it's going to be hell in that town. Bell not reporting and now being on the block, Brown tweeting about trading him, .... it's not good.


Even though Pittsburgh got the win, they were really lucky last night. Fitzpatrick played woeful in that first half and Tampa held Pittsburgh scoreless in the second half. Three poor throws with three minutes to go saved Pittsburgh from either a tie or a loss. That and a really questionable overturn of a long TD by TB that lead to a FG rather than a TD. I will give them the holding call on Jackson's punt return, even though replay didn't show it completely. Pittsburgh does not look good right now and could easily be 0-2-1.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests