Register

Mayfield

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Turnover Chain

Mayfield

Postby GR82BACANE » September 21st, 2018, 6:21 am

I would say Taylor doesn't see the field again after Mayfield 2nd half performance 17-23 for 201 IIRC and 4 scoring drives.

Cleveland fans can actually feel excited again

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Mayfield

Postby Iconoclast » September 21st, 2018, 11:08 am

GR82BACANE wrote:I would say Taylor doesn't see the field again after Mayfield 2nd half performance 17-23 for 201 IIRC and 4 scoring drives.

Give DCs three games of film on him and see how he does. That's what is happening to Darnold. And Garappolo doesn't look nearly as good after teams have had time to go through and review his tendencies. I'm not saying that these three guys won't be successful, just saying that their early success is bound to abate and they will have to adjust their games to continue to have success.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » September 21st, 2018, 11:26 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
GR82BACANE wrote:I would say Taylor doesn't see the field again after Mayfield 2nd half performance 17-23 for 201 IIRC and 4 scoring drives.

Give DCs three games of film on him and see how he does. That's what is happening to Darnold. And Garappolo doesn't look nearly as good after teams have had time to go through and review his tendencies. I'm not saying that these three guys won't be successful, just saying that their early success is bound to abate and they will have to adjust their games to continue to have success.

Only time will tell

Mayfield was throwing downfield and reading overages a good sign for rookie.

Darnold was 6-8 throwing screens and 7-23 throwing everything else. A very bad sign for a rookie
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » October 7th, 2018, 4:34 pm

And after winning today's game Baker is a star
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Return to NFL