Register

Darnold

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Turnover Chain

Darnold

Postby GR82BACANE » September 12th, 2018, 8:33 am

Anyone watch any of the game Monday night. very impressive. Threw a Pick 6 on his pass. An incomplete on pass 2. then goes 16 of 19 the rest of the way with 2 TD Ran the ball a couple times.

Very good game for him.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Darnold

Postby Iconoclast » September 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Anyone watch any of the game Monday night. very impressive. Threw a Pick 6 on his pass. An incomplete on pass 2. then goes 16 of 19 the rest of the way with 2 TD Ran the ball a couple times.

Very good game for him.

He did play well, but the media is just fawning over his performance and already claiming what a great player he is. It's a bit early to draw any conclusions about him and he good he will be, ummmmkayyyy Media? People need to realize that the Jets scored points off an interception return, a punt return, got a FG off another interception and then got a huge play off what looked to be the Lions giving up. Personally, I was more struck by how bad the Lions and Raiders played. Those were two terrible coaching debuts.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Turnover Chain

Re: Darnold

Postby GR82BACANE » September 12th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
GR82BACANE wrote:Anyone watch any of the game Monday night. very impressive. Threw a Pick 6 on his pass. An incomplete on pass 2. then goes 16 of 19 the rest of the way with 2 TD Ran the ball a couple times.

Very good game for him.

He did play well, but the media is just fawning over his performance and already claiming what a great player he is. It's a bit early to draw any conclusions about him and he good he will be, ummmmkayyyy Media? People need to realize that the Jets scored points off an interception return, a punt return, got a FG off another interception and then got a huge play off what looked to be the Lions giving up. Personally, I was more struck by how bad the Lions and Raiders played. Those were two terrible coaching debuts.

I'm not anointing the savior of the Jets. But a lot of guys after throwing a Pick 6 on play 1 would have crapped their pants and called it a day. He looked nervous and hurried in the pocket. But he made good decisions the rest of the game and more importantly took the open receiver and didn't force the ball into a bad spot looking for the big play.

Also after the first play a lot of teammates came up and talked to him patted him on the head and gave him encouragement. I'm a Giants fan I have no use for the Jets. So I was actually hoping he would crap himself.

Return to NFL