Register

So after game 1, what do you think of your team?

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

So after game 1, what do you think of your team?

Postby Iconoclast » September 10th, 2018, 2:34 pm

I guess we do have four teams yet to play, but that gives us something to discuss tomorrow.

If I'm the Steelers, I'm worrying a bit. Cleveland is improved, but you are supposed to be a big playoff contender. Yes, you ran the ball well, but I think you really miss Bell.

The Packers should be worried. Aaron Rogers is great, but is he going to stay on the field? With him, you look at the SB as your goal, without him, you hope to somehow get a wild card, but probably 8-8 is more likely.

Giants fans? I thought Barkely was going to make Eli better. I've said it before, Barkley could be the next great back, but if Eli is done, then Barkley was a mistake. If Eli turns out to be done, then you should have drafted a QB unless you didn't like any of them and then you should have taken Chubb or traded down. It's one week, so who knows how Eli plays the rest of the way, I'm just saying that Giants fans should not like what they saw on Sunday from Eli.

Saints fans? 48 points to Ryan Fitzpatrick? Drew Brees can throw you to wins, but not when your defense performs like that.

Cowboys? Wait, you have Zeke so I thought all was well. Is the loss of Zach Martin that huge that you only score 8 points? Or is it the lack of Witten or Bryant? I remember the start of the 2016 season Cowboys fans were overreacting and stating that the 2016 draft by Dallas might be the best draft ever. Well, Zeke isn't going to run wild without a good line and Prescott looks pretty average.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Re: So after game 1, what do you think of your team?

Postby bigearl » September 11th, 2018, 9:58 am

I was pretty pleased with how NE played to be honest. Brady and Gronk looked like Brady and Gronk. A couple of other WR's made themselves known, so thats good. The defense looked pretty good.. actually had a pass rush going, albeit Houston's O-line isn't very good. I was pleased with the win though, especially since they have Jax in Jax this week.

I imagine it's pandemonium in NY this morning after the Jets big win last night.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » September 11th, 2018, 12:17 pm

As a Steeler fan, I'm worried more than a bit. Cleveland is definitely improved, but the Steelers should have done better than they did.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » September 12th, 2018, 8:37 am

Giants looked decent. Vernon didn't play on D. But the D played damn good in the 2nd half. Barkley will be the RB I was expecting. Haven't looked it up but his 68 yard TD run has to be the longest in at least 5 years. Once again take away an Eli Pick 6 and the Giants probably would have won the game. Dallas looks awful if the NY can beat them easily this week it is a good start.

Jacksonville will win their division easily with their D alone. Should challenge for the AFC title if Bortles can be consistent.

Thong

Postby bigearl » September 12th, 2018, 1:00 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:Giants looked decent. Vernon didn't play on D. But the D played damn good in the 2nd half. Barkley will be the RB I was expecting. Haven't looked it up but his 68 yard TD run has to be the longest in at least 5 years. Once again take away an Eli Pick 6 and the Giants probably would have won the game. Dallas looks awful if the NY can beat them easily this week it is a good start.

Jacksonville will win their division easily with their D alone. Should challenge for the AFC title if Bortles can be consistent.

I wouldn't rule Houston out yet. Watson will play alot better than he did last weekend.

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » September 13th, 2018, 5:14 am

bigearl wrote:
GR82BACANE wrote:Giants looked decent. Vernon didn't play on D. But the D played damn good in the 2nd half. Barkley will be the RB I was expecting. Haven't looked it up but his 68 yard TD run has to be the longest in at least 5 years. Once again take away an Eli Pick 6 and the Giants probably would have won the game. Dallas looks awful if the NY can beat them easily this week it is a good start.

I wouldn't rule Houston out yet. Watson will play alot better than he did last weekend.

I think Houston will be good also. I am actually thinking of driving down in a week to see the Giants - Houston game.

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » September 17th, 2018, 5:47 am

Still play like crap. Eli is going to get replaced sooner rather than later they don't generate some offense.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » September 17th, 2018, 10:49 am

GR82BACANE wrote:Still play like crap. Eli is going to get replaced sooner rather than later they don't generate some offense.

If that is the case then I reiterate that they possibly made a mistake this year in not taking a QB or in not taking Chubb or not trading down. Barkley looks fantastic running the ball, however he's kind of a one many show with them. He was taken with the thought of getting another few years out of Eli and making a run or two for the SB. I guess they could stink it up this year and hope that a top flight QB is there for them to take next year. I liked what they did in the draft, however it is not going to pay off if Eli is done.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » September 20th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Bears look great defensively. Mack adds a definitive edge
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Return to NFL