Register

Gronk riding off into the sunset

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
Thong

Gronk riding off into the sunset

Postby bigearl » March 25th, 2019, 8:10 am

Most dominant TE I've ever laid eyes on.... I'm hoping after being away for a bit... the fire rekindles and he makes a return at some point. :(

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26351121/grateful-gronkowski-announces-retirement

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Re: Gronk riding off into the sunset

Postby Iconoclast » March 25th, 2019, 1:18 pm

bigearl wrote:Most dominant TE I've ever laid eyes on.... I'm hoping after being away for a bit... the fire rekindles and he makes a return at some point. :(

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26351121/grateful-gronkowski-announces-retirement

There have been a lot of great TEs in the past 15 or so years and he is one of them. It's ironic in a way because college has gone away from the TE yet the NFL still values them and we've had some great ones recently. It's also ironic Gron is retiring while Witten is unretiring. Personally I hated facing Gates, especially near the goal line, the guy was just a monster.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » March 25th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
bigearl wrote:Most dominant TE I've ever laid eyes on.... I'm hoping after being away for a bit... the fire rekindles and he makes a return at some point. :(

There have been a lot of great TEs in the past 15 or so years and he is one of them. It's ironic in a way because college has gone away from the TE yet the NFL still values them and we've had some great ones recently. It's also ironic Gron is retiring while Witten is unretiring. Personally I hated facing Gates, especially near the goal line, the guy was just a monster.

Others have done it longer, but no one has done it better. At his best, he's the most unstoppable offensive weapon in the league and blocks like a lineman. This will be a HUGE hole to fill for NE. They have to be adding a weapon at some point soon... hopefully.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » March 26th, 2019, 12:15 pm

bigearl wrote:Others have done it longer, but no one has done it better. At his best, he's the most unstoppable offensive weapon in the league and blocks like a lineman. This will be a HUGE hole to fill for NE. They have to be adding a weapon at some point soon... hopefully.

I have to agree with you, bigearl. If one could design the ideal TE, the result would be Gronk.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » March 27th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Tony Gonzalez was incredible!
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

Return to NFL