Register

What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
Thong
Posts: 885
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby bigearl » February 6th, 2019, 4:19 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
You might dig into the forced trade an who was behind it. You do recall the issues with Brady's strength coach and being denied access? There was a big rift and it began with Brady going to Kraft and demanding Garappolo be traded because Brady has seen all the other Pats get traded when Bill feels that he has a younger suitable replacement and he can get value in a trade. All I know is that Brady didn't want to go to another team for many reasons. Bill was ready to move on.


You might not want to keep reading the National Enquirer.. ;)

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5309
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby Iconoclast » February 7th, 2019, 8:57 pm

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:
You might dig into the forced trade an who was behind it. You do recall the issues with Brady's strength coach and being denied access? There was a big rift and it began with Brady going to Kraft and demanding Garappolo be traded because Brady has seen all the other Pats get traded when Bill feels that he has a younger suitable replacement and he can get value in a trade. All I know is that Brady didn't want to go to another team for many reasons. Bill was ready to move on.


You might not want to keep reading the National Enquirer.. ;)


It's been widely discussed on ESPN radio and on TV. I didn't come up with it on my own, I'm not that smart. :D
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong
Posts: 885
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby bigearl » February 8th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
It's been widely discussed on ESPN radio and on TV. I didn't come up with it on my own, I'm not that smart. :D


The Seth Wickersham article? Everyone on the Patriots denied it.. :shrug: If they were as disfunctional as that article wanted everyone to believe and they've gone to 4 of the last 5 SB's... that's pretty amazing stuff.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5309
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby Iconoclast » February 9th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Nope. Talking about all the national and local sports radio folks who talked about it. If dozens of folks hadn’t talked about it I wouldn’t have put credence in it.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong
Posts: 885
Joined: August 1st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby bigearl » February 11th, 2019, 9:34 am

Iconoclast wrote:Nope. Talking about all the national and local sports radio folks who talked about it. If dozens of folks hadn’t talked about it I wouldn’t have put credence in it.


Yes.. but they were all just referencing the same source. I don't think any credible source ever claimed Bill B wanted to trade Brady and or Brady forced a trade involving Jimmy G. :shrug:

The X-Man Cometh
User avatar
Posts: 1955
Joined: August 2nd, 2013, 10:40 am
Location: New Mexico

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby Xenon » February 14th, 2019, 9:31 am

GR82BACANE wrote:The only thing worse than the game was the crap at halftime. Why halftime is geared toward 10 year old girls is beyond me.


Half time was stupid.... the NFL 100 fight at the banquet was the best part, and that was bad. And the rest was really really bad.

And whoever that was, apologized afterwards for accepting the chance to perform.

UGH

I don't remember any memorable ads (but I missed most of the first half completely and was busy getting settled in the hotel and getting dinner for the second half ... but that is the point ... NOTHING grabbed me enough to stop and watch rather than check my phone for maps to my meeting the next day and look over my notes ....

The X-Man Cometh
User avatar
Posts: 1955
Joined: August 2nd, 2013, 10:40 am
Location: New Mexico

Re: What didn't suck about this Super Bowl?

Postby Xenon » February 14th, 2019, 9:33 am

GR82BACANE wrote:The only thing worse than the game was the crap at halftime. Why halftime is geared toward 10 year old girls is beyond me.


Half time was stupid.... the NFL 100 fight at the banquet was the best part, and that was bad. And the rest was really really bad.

And whoever that was, apologized afterwards for accepting the chance to perform.

UGH

I don't remember any memorable ads (but I missed most of the first half completely and was busy getting settled in the hotel and getting dinner for the second half ... but that is the point ... NOTHING grabbed me enough to stop and watch rather than check my phone for maps to my meeting the next day and look over my notes ....

Previous

Return to NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests