Register

Don’t look now!

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Unimpeachable Source

Don’t look now!

Postby irishmark » November 22nd, 2018, 9:40 pm

Motivation is simple! You eliminate those that are not motivated!

Lou Holtz

The Unimpeachable Source

Re: Don’t look now!

Postby irishmark » November 23rd, 2018, 5:24 am

The 2018 Bears danced theSuper Bowl Shuffle after scoring a defensive touchdown that won the game!

Lou Holtz

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » November 27th, 2018, 4:56 pm

In a time where offense rules, the Bears are winning with defense. The Mack acquisition was a great move. It cost them a lot in terms of the cap and picks, but he's working out. It will become difficult in a few years when they have to sign Trubisky to a long term deal, but for now, they are in good shape.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » November 28th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Iconoclast wrote:In a time where offense rules, the Bears are winning with defense. The Mack acquisition was a great move. It cost them a lot in terms of the cap and picks, but he's working out. It will become difficult in a few years when they have to sign Trubisky to a long term deal, but for now, they are in good shape.

Pretty good squad. I still don't think Trubisky gets them too far... but they could win a playoff game this year.

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » November 30th, 2018, 10:20 am

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:In a time where offense rules, the Bears are winning with defense. The Mack acquisition was a great move. It cost them a lot in terms of the cap and picks, but he's working out. It will become difficult in a few years when they have to sign Trubisky to a long term deal, but for now, they are in good shape.

Pretty good squad. I still don't think Trubisky gets them too far... but they could win a playoff game this year.

I feel a lot better about Trubisky then I do Chase Daniel.

Besides, it's the Bears defense that is gonna have to carry the day against LA and New Orleans.

Lou Holtz

Thong

Postby bigearl » November 30th, 2018, 11:56 am

irishmark wrote:
bigearl wrote:

Besides, it's the Bears defense that is gonna have to carry the day against LA and New Orleans.

True.. and Dallas showed last night that NO can be slowed down if you slap them around.

Postby Iconoclast » December 4th, 2018, 10:24 pm

irishmark wrote:
bigearl wrote:

We will see how Trubisky develops. He showed a lot of improvement this year over last, so if he continues on that then the Bears would be a tough team for years. It's a time of great young QBs with Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Watson, .... Will see who from this year's crop develops too. Not a lot of teams will be in the market to draft QBs high next year, probably we will see teams like the Giants, Steelers and maybe Chargers look for their future thrower.
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Postby bigearl » December 6th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
We will see how Trubisky develops. He showed a lot of improvement this year over last, so if he continues on that then the Bears would be a tough team for years. It's a time of great young QBs with Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Watson, .... Will see who from this year's crop develops too. Not a lot of teams will be in the market to draft QBs high next year, probably we will see teams like the Giants, Steelers and maybe Chargers look for their future thrower.

Gotta throw NE in there at some point.. they have to draft a replacement at some point.. They thought they had it timed right with Jimmy G.. :huh:

Postby Iconoclast » December 6th, 2018, 5:45 pm

bigearl wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:

Gotta throw NE in there at some point.. they have to draft a replacement at some point.. They thought they had it timed right with Jimmy G.. :huh:

I would agree with that, but I don't see NE as a team that grabs a guy in the first round. Might be wrong on that, but I see them getting a second or third rounder and developing him for a couple of years while Brady finishes up. However, they could grab a guy in the first this year if the opportunity presents.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to NFL