Register

The NFL is run by morons

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

The NFL is run by morons

Postby Iconoclast » September 25th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Ok, ignore the political implications of the story and focus on the absurdity of the new roughing the passer rule. The NFL just cannot get out of their own way on certain rules. They don't know what a catch is, in spite of years of trying to fix the catch rule. They keep flagging Clay Mathews for textbook clean hits on QBs, and they have players getting torn ACLs from trying to avoid a roughing penalty.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jason-witten-blasts-left-wing-roughing-passer-approach-bucs-steelers-tie-record-penalty-tally-034052835.html
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Re: The NFL is run by morons

Postby Dubby » October 1st, 2018, 8:05 am

Browns-Raiders is proof of that. Browns got what appeared to be a FD that would clinch their first back to back wins in years and end long road game losing streak. Booth review wanted to look at ball placement which is rarely overturned in the NFL. Blandino who was working the game for the Network said it looked like the runner should have gotten a better spot looking at the review then the official on the field gave him. Somehow the morons ruled the runner elbow hit the ground first (clearly past the 21 yard made the runner come up short of 21 one yard line.) How does anyone move the ball back of where guy Elbow hit is beyond common sense. Blandino a former head of NFL officiating had total look of shock on his face. To make a long story short. The Raiders were able to tie the game thanks to that blunder and win in OT. The Browns were robbed no other way about it.
Last edited by Dubby on October 5th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Iconoclast » October 3rd, 2018, 2:40 pm

Dubby wrote:Browns-Raiders is proof of that. Browns got what appeared top be a FD that would clinch their fist back to back wins in years and end long road game winning streak. Booth review wanted to look st ball placement which is rarely overturned in the NFL. Blandino who was working the game for the Network said it look like the runner should have gotten a better spot looking at the review then the official on the field gave him. Somehow the morons rule the runner elbow hit the ground first (clearly palst the 21 yard made the runner come up short of 21 one yard line. Blandino a former head of NFL officiating had total look of shock on his face. To make a long story short short. The Raiders were able to tie the game thanks to that blunder and win in OT. The Browns were robbed no other way about it.

Yes, that was a terrible call. There was one other I believe too. However, Cleveland also gave the ball away a couple of times in the fourth and gifted Oakland points.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » October 4th, 2018, 7:41 am

And Monday night Hunt lowered his head and ran right through the DB and no call.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » October 5th, 2018, 8:03 am

Iconoclast wrote:
Dubby wrote:Browns-Raiders is proof of that. Browns got what appeared top be a FD that would clinch their fist back to back wins in years and end long road game winning streak. Booth review wanted to look st ball placement which is rarely overturned in the NFL. Blandino who was working the game for the Network said it look like the runner should have gotten a better spot looking at the review then the official on the field gave him. Somehow the morons rule the runner elbow hit the ground first (clearly palst the 21 yard made the runner come up short of 21 one yard line. Blandino a former head of NFL officiating had total look of shock on his face. To make a long story short short. The Raiders were able to tie the game thanks to that blunder and win in OT. The Browns were robbed no other way about it.

Yes, that was a terrible call. There was one other I believe too. However, Cleveland also gave the ball away a couple of times in the fourth and gifted Oakland points.

Yes Mayfield not used to playing under center. He said that on him

He'll get better
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Iconoclast » October 6th, 2018, 11:49 pm

I think Cleveland’s future is bright. I think the revolving door at QB is over. And they have hit on other picks of late and appear to have a lot more talent on the team. I think they will need to add some weapons for Mayfield and once they do that I feel they will be a potent team.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » October 8th, 2018, 4:35 am

Did anyone see the complete BS call on Collins that cost NY the win yesterday?

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » October 9th, 2018, 7:45 am

GR82BACANE wrote:Did anyone see the complete BS call on Collins that cost NY the win yesterday?

I saw the non First Down Carolina didn't get and Cam runs up spikes the ball for FG try.

The previous play should have been reviewed all replays I've seen clearly too me shows RB didn't get the get a FD more so the robbery of the Browns the previous week in Oakland

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » October 9th, 2018, 9:57 am

NFL admits it was a bad call. If anything it was a hit by the WR coming into Collins who had position his turned and arms stretched out try to dive for the ball which went through the tip of his hands while the WR ran head first intot he back of Collins helmet.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018/10 ... lty-wrong/
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... two-teams/

Postby Iconoclast » October 12th, 2018, 3:21 pm

GR82BACANE wrote:NFL admits it was a bad call. If anything it was a hit by the WR coming into Collins who had position his turned and arms stretched out try to dive for the ball which went through the tip of his hands while the WR ran head first intot he back of Collins helmet.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018/10 ... lty-wrong/
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... two-teams/

I have to say that after watching the game last night, it looks like Eli is just about done. I think the Giants are going to be picking high again this year and will have to be thinking QB. There will be some decent FA QBs available this year too, so they should have a number of options.
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to NFL