Register

HOF Nominees

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

HOF Nominees

Postby Iconoclast » September 13th, 2018, 2:10 pm

102 on the list. Four first timers on the ballot, two will make it for sure in Ed Reed and Tony Gonzalez. Champ Bailey may too. Don't see London Fletcher getting in however. A couple of interesting takes for me 1) Bailey and Clinton Portis are both on the list, they were traded for each other after the 2003 season 2) Sterling Sharpe is on the list, he won't make it into the HOF likely, but if he did, he would join his brother Shannon. Lot of great names in there. I wonder if John Lynch makes it this year after being a finalist for a few years now. Dawkins made it last year and Lynch was as dominant as Dawkins. Not many Bucs in the HOF, he should be inducted, in my opinion.

Also, not sure how many people really know what Karl Mecklenburg's story is. He was a 12th (pick 310) round pick out of Minnesota who was only selected because he was so smart. He wanted to be a doctor and didn't figure he would make the NFL, even after being drafted. However, he was so smart that he could play in multiple positions, so Denver kept him. Over his career, he played all front seven positions on defense. He played DE, NT, DT, middle LB in a 4-3 and 3-4, and outside LB in 4-3 and 3-4. Since he played so long, he gave up on becoming a doctor. He has 79.5 career sacks, 6 pro bowls and 4 first team all pro selections. So it's understandable why he's on the list, however is a long shot for induction.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000961576/article/tony-gonzalez-ed-reed-lead-firsttime-hof-candidates
Make GASF Great Again!

Return to NFL