Register

News about the NFL Pickem

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Curmudgeon

News about the NFL Pickem

Postby Domer » August 2nd, 2018, 1:47 pm

I am sorry to have to announce that I won't be able to continue the NFL Pickem. Circumstances of my personal life don't allow me as much time to get online as I used to be able to do. Participation has been dwindling to the point that the last 5 weeks of last season only had 7 people, besides myself, anyway. I'm sorry. It was fun, but I won't be doing it anymore.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Re: News about the NFL Pickem

Postby Dubby » August 2nd, 2018, 4:45 pm

Domer wrote:I am sorry to have to announce that I won't be able to continue the NFL Pickem. Circumstances of my personal life don't allow me as much time to get online as I used to be able to do. Participation has been dwindling to the point that the last 5 weeks of last season only had 7 people, besides myself, anyway. I'm sorry. It was fun, but I won't be doing it anymore.

Understand had (and still have my heath challenges)

I'll still run the SUP after much thought about it
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » August 2nd, 2018, 6:50 pm

Domer wrote:I am sorry to have to announce that I won't be able to continue the NFL Pickem. Circumstances of my personal life don't allow me as much time to get online as I used to be able to do. Participation has been dwindling to the point that the last 5 weeks of last season only had 7 people, besides myself, anyway. I'm sorry. It was fun, but I won't be doing it anymore.

Sorry to hear this but understand. I don't recall if I managed to keep up with it or not. I always intended to but found myself forgetting from time to time.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 5th, 2018, 8:15 am

Dubby wrote:

Understand had (and still have my heath challenges)

I'll still run the SUP after much thought about it

In my case it isn't health challenges (other than just old age ;) ), but just that I can't get online for the amount of time it takes to operate the Pickem. I hope everyone will be as understanding as you and Iconoclast have been.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » August 6th, 2018, 8:40 am

Sorry to hear I always like the weeks when no one could get above .500

The Godfather

Postby BCEaglesFan » August 6th, 2018, 10:29 am

I'll miss it, but I totally understand.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 6th, 2018, 10:51 am

BCEaglesFan wrote:

I'll miss it, but I totally understand.

Thanks, BCEaglesFan.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » August 14th, 2018, 10:41 pm

I will certainly miss it, but an grateful for all the time you put into it. The many aspects of time has much bearing on the many aspects of our lives. Be well Domer.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » August 20th, 2018, 8:51 am

Seattle Irish wrote:I will certainly miss it, but an grateful for all the time you put into it. The many aspects of time has much bearing on the many aspects of our lives. Be well Domer.

Thanks, Seattle Irish. I'm fine, but just not able to spend as much time online as I used to.
God, Country, Notre Dame

Captain Patriotic Analogy

Postby Seattle Irish » August 25th, 2018, 12:20 pm

I think you're fine as well ;) . The be well is just in case I'm not one day.

Next

Return to NFL