Register

Once a diva receiver, always a diva receiver

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Once a diva receiver, always a diva receiver

Postby Iconoclast » June 7th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Terrell Owens declines the invitation to attend his induction into Canton saying that he will celebrate his induction at some point in the future. Well TO, I suspect it will be only you celebrating it by yourself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/terrell-owens-declines-invitation-hall-fame-ceremony-164454072.html
Make GASF Great Again!

Thong

Re: Once a diva receiver, always a diva receiver

Postby bigearl » June 8th, 2018, 7:26 am

Iconoclast wrote:Terrell Owens declines the invitation to attend his induction into Canton saying that he will celebrate his induction at some point in the future. Well TO, I suspect it will be only you celebrating it by yourself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/terrell-owens-declines-invitation-hall-fame-ceremony-164454072.html

Yea.. I can't say I'm surprised by him doing it, but its a really bad look for him.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby *YNC* MikeTheTiger » June 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Terrell Owens declines the invitation to attend his induction into Canton saying that he will celebrate his induction at some point in the future. Well TO, I suspect it will be only you celebrating it by yourself.

He complains about not being elected, then turns around and shows why it took him so long to be inducted in the first place.

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » June 10th, 2018, 9:22 am

Jerk!
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » June 11th, 2018, 5:52 pm

All,

Make no mistake about it I can't stand TO, but, part of beef is spot on

The 1st ballot HOF is joke. It one of the MAIN reasons I stopped watching it years ago. I did watch to see Tarkenton cry while helping in-shrine Mick Ticklehoff OL Vikes another one kept out far too long for today 8-9 year guys. Mick played 1962 to 1978

Without being a broken record Gene Hickerson Cleveland Brown OL (guard) 1958-1973

The man blocked for three Hall of Famers Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell, and Leroy Kelly.

There was 1000 yard rusher for the Browns all of his career except 1

In 2007, during his induction at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, and already suffering from the health problems that plagued the final years of his life, including dementia, Hickerson was brought onstage in his wheelchair, propelled by Bobby Mitchell, Jim Brown, and Leroy Kelly. It was announced as "one last time, Gene Hickerson leads Bobby Mitchell, Jim Brown, and Leroy Kelly." He was inducted by his friend and former teammate at The University of Mississippi and the Cleveland Browns, Bobby Franklin.

He died little over year later in October 2008 :(

This man waited an entire generation (30+ years) to be inducted in the HOF

When I see some of the borderline like Warren I'm horse A$$ Sapp be 1st ballot HOF :x (Strahan didn't deserve 1st ballot either) when someone like Gene waited 30 years

That makes HOF a joke and sportswriters voting for them morons. That right don't do any homework just buy the ESecPN NFL Steelers live Hype machine

So the black-eye TO is giving his classless self is just what HOF and numb nuts sportswriters deserve for playing the Janet Jackson card of what have you done for me lately casting ballots. While ignoring the many greats with far better careers who made the NFL, watch while another mediocre stats or I played on Super Bowl team get a 1st ballot HOF :x
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Iconoclast » June 12th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Dubby, don't get me started on the HOF and their selection process. Denver players have gotten overlooked for years. Being in the forgotten time zone they had no other major media center to help them out. Compare that with places like Philly for example where you have a dozen fellow NFL cities within a couple hours. It's not as big of a deal today as it was prior to the 80s when you didn't have all of the game and information availability that you have today. Basically all a guy needed then, and to a degree today, to get into the HOF is to wear a Pittsburgh uniform and get a bit of media hype. Shannon Sharp retired with virtually every TE receiving record and he had to wait until his third ballot, as just one example. Pat Bowlen has been one of the most successful owners of all time in the NFL and he is the one who came up with Sunday Night Football, the marquee game of the week. And yet he has been passed over twice under the new contributors selections. Once by Jerry Jones and once by Bobby Beathard.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » June 12th, 2018, 1:26 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Dubby, don't get me started on the HOF and their selection process. Denver players have gotten overlooked for years. Being in the forgotten time zone they had no other major media center to help them out. Compare that with places like Philly for example where you have a dozen fellow NFL cities within a couple hours. It's not as big of a deal today as it was prior to the 80s when you didn't have all of the game and information availability that you have today. Basically all a guy needed then, and to a degree today, to get into the HOF is to wear a Pittsburgh uniform and get a bit of media hype. Shannon Sharp retired with virtually every TE receiving record and he had to wait until his third ballot, as just one example. Pat Bowlen has been one of the most successful owners of all time in the NFL and he is the one who came up with Sunday Night Football, the marquee game of the week. And yet he has been passed over twice under the new contributors selections. Once by Jerry Jones and once by Bobby Beathard.

Floyd Little all the man did was gain almost 7,000 yards in 8 season unless you were Jim Brown unheard of 1967-1975.

5× Pro Bowl (1968–1971, 1973)
First-team All-Pro (1969)
2× Second-team All-Pro (1970, 1971)
NFL rushing yards leader (1971)
NFL rushing touchdowns leader (1973)

Denver Broncos No. 44 retired
Denver Broncos Ring of Fame

So we're supposed to believe everybody inducted he 30 years he waited had better stats?

He waited a Generation plus 5 years

I watch for Vets like this. I passed on the rest :x

Franco Harris: They're going to build a Steelers Wing Oh yes for Franchise that was irrelevant its first 38 years (1 playoff appearance)

They need to make these smucks wait while they induct long overdue greats still waiting

Sorry this is BIG PET PEEVE of mine

Just like the NBA yes the players are bigger and faster than players of years ago

But, they sure as hell are not better. The players of NBA classic ERA didn't miss open 5-10 FT shots. Or stink at the FT line (Wilt was the league worse there wasn't lot with him like today hack-a-whoever)
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Iconoclast » June 19th, 2018, 11:34 am

Well Dubby, I just got back from Ohio and we took Saturday before Father's day to visit Canton. It is fun to see the history of the game and to see all of the busts and the Super Bowl winners memorialized along with all of the other interesting artifacts. The place is a real hodge podge in that some of it was designed 30 plus years ago and has never been updated while other parts were fairly modern. I give it an A in terms of content because it does deal with the NFL and it has so much NFL history in it. However from a presentation standpoint, I give it a D because it is not well done. A place like Disney Land can get away with some parts of the park being 30 + years old and other parts being modern but to me, the PFHOF needs a serious update. Apparently they have grand plans to do that, but it looks like it is a good 5+ years away, maybe more.

Well, at least now it makes sense to me why the HOF is in Canton and why Green Bay is an NFL franchise.
Make GASF Great Again!

Postby Iconoclast » July 3rd, 2018, 1:05 pm

And the diva has revealed where he will celebrate his induction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/terrell-owens-reveals-celebration-plans-for-hall-of-fame-induction/ar-AAzxtJq?li=BBnb7Kz

I can't wait to see the news about the attendance. I am placing the over/under at 100 and taking the under.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » July 3rd, 2018, 1:33 pm

Iconoclast wrote:And the diva has revealed where he will celebrate his induction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/terrell-owens-reveals-celebration-plans-for-hall-of-fame-induction/ar-AAzxtJq?li=BBnb7Kz

I can't wait to see the news about the attendance. I am placing the over/under at 100 and taking the under.

Don't underestimate how popular he still is at UTC

There won't be 1000's. But, I'll take the over on 100

Again I repeat I can't stand him. But, I like what he doing giving the selection for NFL HOF is a JOKE :x

I won't be watching this year. I only watch to catch guys who should have been enshrined a long time before many of these overrated 1st ballot :x

Happy for Bobby Beathard, Robert Brazile and Jerry Kramer Started at right guard in six NFL championship games, five of which were won by Green Bay … Remembered for key block that made way for Bart Starr’s game-winning touchdown in the famous “Ice Bowl” - 1967 NFL Championship Game 50 years he had to wait :x

Next

Return to NFL