Register

Anyone else 100% fed up

Who's your favorite team? Favorite player? Favorite coach? What teams & players do you hate? Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to talk a little NFL football!
The Postmaster General

Re: Anyone else 100% fed up

Postby Dubby » December 6th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Xenon wrote:http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017/12/nfl-ratings-decline-fox-saints-panthers/

The NFL ratings decline sent the league’s top TV window to another multi-year low.
The telecast was the lowest rated and least-watched Week 12 national window in at least a decade. The national window has now hit a multi-year low in ten of 13 weeks this season. This week’s telecast was the seventh of those to hit at least a decade-low in one or both measures.
It is not so much that ratings are plunging to unprecedented lows, but that mediocre ratings — the kind that you might see once or twice a season — have become the rule, rather than the exception.

The NFL is real trouble .... this is not going away, and it's only getting worse....

This is over the top The NFL is still awash in billions and billions of revenue

The NBA got so bad it borrowed monies back to back season a few years ago and guess what?

It still here. The NFL is nowhere close to that trouble.

The article is over the top as millions and millions are still watching. It still the most viewed sport in American. Notice they fail to mention its still number one in the US in sports viewing. Only Futbol AKA Soccer is viewed more in the world sports wise.

It will recover because football is still America passion
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » December 6th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Actually, almost every article talks about how NFL is the 800 lbs gorilla in the room, and the by far the biggest live TV draw, and everything else you said ...

And I don't mean the "NFL is trouble" like they are going out of business in trouble. I mean the NFL is trouble since they really thought they had a 10% growth every year kind of thing, and it's not that anymore ....

The NFL is still going to get Billions ... but it's going to be a billion or two less than they THOUGHT it was going to be.....

IF the TV Partners are losing a half billion this year, they aren't going to just accept that loss ... eventually that goes back to the NFL somehow .....

I don't think the NFL goes out of business, but I think some things around the NFL are going to change.

For example, I think the days of HUGE stadiums paid for by the taxpayers are going to end..... which will really hurt the next round of construction .... like perhaps for the Raiders in Las Vegas ... It will still be BUILT and still be HUGE, but with private money, and that might change things about teams jumping from place to place ....

I think it will be interesting to see what the salary cap is set at next year? Does it go up or stay flat?

The NFL is trouble in that losing a half a billion hurts ... and changes things about how you do business.....

I mean the NFL is trouble is the sense that this ISN'T just a blip or hiccup, but rather a real change in the business climate, and hence probably in the NFL culture....

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » December 7th, 2017, 11:49 am

Personally I think that this is a large issue for the NFL and something that they are (or should be) concerned about. They have some real issues with viewership declines, attendance declines and overall declining public perception about the league. The networks have to be concerned as well because NFL ads were/are their money maker. This sort of reminds me of the MNF viewership issues that began 15 years ago or so. ABC saw viewership numbers decline and kept changing broadcasting teams to try to turn the numbers around. However they kept declining to the point that they put MNF on ESPN. I haven't heard much chatter about the MNF ratings in the past few years to maybe the numbers have steadied or improved some. But overall, the owners, networks and players have to be concerned about the trends because they will all be financially impacted eventually.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » December 7th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Week 13 Previous week attendance

Thurs Nite Game
Wash at Dallas Thursday night Capacity: 80,000 Attendance: 91,712

Vikes at Falcons
Capacity: 75,000 Attendance: 71,185 (Keep in mind GA Dome Capacity was 71,000 New stadium is larger, game was officially a sellout)

49ers at Bears (Both teams SUCK)
Capacity: 61,500 Attendance: 61,302

I'll post some more later, but in game attendance is not that bad articles are stating. JAX 8-4 having their best year in like forever is having one their best attendance years in long while.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » December 7th, 2017, 9:45 pm

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/ ... n-two.html

Bengals - Steelers smallest crowd in two decades ...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-bro ... hub-center

The Browns - Charges could have one of the smallest crowds in NFL history

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai ... -gate.aspx

NFL (reported) Attendance down 2.5% through week 12

----

I'm sure there are up stadiums and down stadiums .... but the down stadiums are really really down....

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » December 7th, 2017, 10:58 pm

https://www.ticketnews.com/2017/12/nfl- ... t-problem/

Sports Business Journal recently reported that the sale of NFL-licensed products is experiencing the softest market since the economic recession of 2008, with some licensees reporting dips of 20 percent or more.

Finally, there’s plain old-fashioned ticket sales to attend the games themselves, which have dropped 30% in the secondary ticket market since October (year-over-year). As for the primary market, no definitive numbers have been released, but plenty of fans have pointed out the glaring emptiness in stadiums all season.

lots of numbers about 20% and 30% decreases.....

Look, I don't know if it's a 10% decrease or a 30% decrease ... but it's a decrease .... certainly NOT the growth they are used to.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » December 8th, 2017, 1:02 am

Xenon wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/12/05/monday-s-bengals-steelers-crowd-is-smallest-in-two.html

Another other the top statement

Capacity: 65,515 Attendance: 56,029

The Bengals used to play in Riverfront where the capacity was 56,500 until the they moved to Paul Brown in 2000

Seeing they had crowd that would have filled the old Riverfront Stadium makes that headlines on that URL over the top

Bengals are 5-6 this season haven't won a playoff game under Marvin Lewis are like 3-16 Vs Steelers with Big Ben as QB

Domer will tell you their attendance has been anemic for past few season even long before Anthem protest or Kapernick.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-browns-chargers-tickets-attendance-stubhub-center

The Browns - Charges could have one of the smallest crowds in NFL history

The Chargers are playing is socceer stadium who capacity is 30,000 and LA doesn't want them. Spanos should stayed in San Diego where he was drawing twice the crowds he drawing in LA soccer

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai ... -gate.aspx

NFL (reported) Attendance down 2.5% through week 12

----

I'm sure there are up stadiums and down stadiums .... but the down stadiums are really really down....[/quote]

2.5% across the NFL is not huge issue given they're the leaders in all of professional sports

There some that are down

But, tonight we had record crowd for Falcons-Aints game in Atlanta New Stadium

The AInts are packing them in their place as our Panthers in Charlotte

So couple of teams having off season is not dragging down the league as a whole

2.5% overall drives that home

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » December 10th, 2017, 9:32 am

Dubby wrote:
Xenon wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/12/05/monday-s-bengals-steelers-crowd-is-smallest-in-two.html

The Bengals used to play in Riverfront where the capacity was 56,500 until the they moved to Paul Brown in 2000

Seeing they had crowd that would have filled the old Riverfront Stadium makes that headlines on that URL over the top

Bengals are 5-6 this season haven't won a playoff game under Marvin Lewis are like 3-16 Vs Steelers with Big Ben as QB

Domer will tell you their attendance has been anemic for past few season even long before Anthem protest or Kapernick.

And most of the folks at that game were Steelers fans.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » December 11th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Domer wrote:
Dubby wrote:

Domer will tell you their attendance has been anemic for past few seasons even long before Anthem protest or Kapernick.

And most of the folks at that game were Steelers fans.

Exactly

Previous

Return to NFL