Register

CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Unimpeachable Source

Re: CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby irishmark » January 7th, 2019, 11:20 pm

Good job, Mike.
"I don't care if Pat Terrell is so wide open, you could walk up and hand him the football! Take the sack"!

Lou Holtz to Tony Rice.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 7th, 2019, 11:43 pm

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Wow, I've been on Alabama all year so this is surprising to me. Not only is Alabama making errors, but Clemson is playing outstanding football.

I am not surprised that Clemson is putting up points on Bama. Their defense has shown signs of vulnerability all year. It just took the right team and the right coach to exploit them. Miss St also showed that the right defense can shut Bama down. The only surprise to me is that Clemson is doing both in the same game. That, I didn't expect. This is not the same Clemson team from earlier in the season that struggled with Syracuse and Texas A&M. Of course, that was before Lawrence really took control of the offense. They have clearly been careful with him as the year has gone on. What he is doing tonight is just amazing. Of course the WRs are contributing as well.

Yes you called it and said more than once if there was kink in Bama Armour it was there defense

You were right and it showed tonight

Another kink in the Bama Machine Saban has lost 20 assistants compared to Dabo 3 Assistants in the same time period

That was why Justyn Ross WR number 1 player from Alabama with 6 catches for 153 yards decided to go to Clemson over Alabama. He said the environment at Clemson was far better and he torched Bama big time tonight

With the revolving door continuing Locksley OC headed to Maryland does this hurt Bama down the road

Keep in mind is Saban worst loss at Bama. Clemson QB and WR that burned Bama are FR with at least two more seasons and Clemson is still near the top in recruiting

So glad I'm eating crow over this one and Bama had this coming :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm going to enjoy the sports grille for Months :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 7th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Wow, I've been on Alabama all year so this is surprising to me. Not only is Alabama making errors, but Clemson is playing outstanding football.

I am not surprised that Clemson is putting up points on Bama. Their defense has shown signs of vulnerability all year. It just took the right team and the right coach to exploit them. Miss St also showed that the right defense can shut Bama down. The only surprise to me is that Clemson is doing both in the same game. That, I didn't expect. This is not the same Clemson team from earlier in the season that struggled with Syracuse and Texas A&M. Of course, that was before Lawrence really took control of the offense. They have clearly been careful with him as the year has gone on. What he is doing tonight is just amazing. Of course the WRs are contributing as well.

I didn't see a beat down like this coming. Quite the game by Clemson. I thought Alabama had the best resume coming in, but Clemson clearly had a great game plan and attacked every weakness. It was a great game by them. My daughter pointed out what Saban said at half, which was that Clemson was doing things that other teams had success with in other games and that Alabama had not worked on. Pretty strong admission by Saban to say he didn't do his job.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 8th, 2019, 12:09 am

Iconoclast wrote:I didn't see a beat down like this coming. Quite the game by Clemson. I thought Alabama had the best resume coming in, but Clemson clearly had a great game plan and attacked every weakness. It was a great game by them. My daughter pointed out what Saban said at half, which was that Clemson was doing things that other teams had success with in other games and that Alabama had not worked on. Pretty strong admission by Saban to say he didn't do his job.

Saban is a great coach, but he was clearly out-coached in this one. Now, to some extent, it may be a function of Swinney planning for Alabama rather than ND during the month layoff, while Bama had to worry about Oklahoma's offense. Still, it was an interesting admission that Bama just tried to do their thing to beat Clemson, while Clemson adapted to do what they saw had worked against Alabama. Before it is all said and done, Dabo Swinney might surpass Saban. I just hope he decides to make his own legacy at Clemson rather going home to his alma mater when Saban calls it quits.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 8th, 2019, 1:17 am

Iconoclast wrote:I didn't see a beat down like this coming. Quite the game by Clemson. I thought Alabama had the best resume coming in, but Clemson clearly had a great game plan and attacked every weakness. It was a great game by them. My daughter pointed out what Saban said at half, which was that Clemson was doing things that other teams had success with in other games and that Alabama had not worked on. Pretty strong admission by Saban to say he didn't do his job.

Saban is a great coach, but he was clearly out-coached in this one. Now, to some extent, it may be a function of Swinney planning for Alabama rather than ND during the month layoff, while Bama had to worry about Oklahoma's offense. Still, it was an interesting admission that Bama just tried to do their thing to beat Clemson, while Clemson adapted to do what they saw had worked against Alabama. Before it is all said and done, Dabo Swinney might surpass Saban. I just hope he decides to make his own legacy at Clemson rather going home to his alma mater when Saban calls it quits.

Well if so, then those that claim that ND didn't deserve to be in the playoff were correct. Either that or OU should have been the #3 seed. I think that Clemson needs to give a lot of credit to Brent Venables who clearly saw weaknesses in Tua's game. I wonder if OU wishes Venebles were still coaching for them?
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 8th, 2019, 8:07 am

Agreed

I hope he stays a long time at Clemson already been said Saban calls it quits the Brinks truck is headed Swinney way to lure him to Bama.
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 8th, 2019, 9:30 am

Iconoclast wrote:Was waiting for someone to make that statement. Funny that it was you. :lol:

ND fans can now say "see, it's not that we were so bad, it's that Clemson is really good.

Wow, I've been on Alabama all year so this is surprising to me. Not only is Alabama making errors, but Clemson is playing outstanding football.

Clemson beat Notre Dame by 27 points. Clemson beat Alabama by 28 points. Just saying.....

;)
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 8th, 2019, 12:16 pm

It seems like the AP voters had already made up their minds about ND before the title game to drop them behind Oklahoma.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 8th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Domer wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Was waiting for someone to make that statement. Funny that it was you. :lol:

ND fans can now say "see, it's not that we were so bad, it's that Clemson is really good.

Wow, I've been on Alabama all year so this is surprising to me. Not only is Alabama making errors, but Clemson is playing outstanding football.

Clemson beat Notre Dame by 27 points. Clemson beat Alabama by 28 points. Just saying.....

;)

You know some bristle when comparing like for like opponents ;)

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 14th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Dubby wrote:
Domer wrote:Clemson beat Notre Dame by 27 points. Clemson beat Alabama by 28 points. Just saying.....

;)

You know some bristle when comparing like for like opponents ;)

Yes, I know that.

:D
God, Country, Notre Dame

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football