Register

CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General

CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Dubby » January 7th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Clemson 14 Bama 7 1st Qtr
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Re: CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Chief » January 7th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Dabo screamed at Venables, "DO YOUR DAMNED JOB!!!!!!"

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 7th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Chief wrote:Dabo screamed at Venables, "DO YOUR DAMNED JOB!!!!!!"

And he ended up doing it. Clemson defense has shown up so far, having fooled Tua twice on those interceptions as well as coming up on some third downs. Impressive first half by Clemson. Let's see what adjustments each team makes at half.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 7th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
Chief wrote:Dabo screamed at Venables, "DO YOUR DAMNED JOB!!!!!!"

And he ended up doing it. Clemson defense has shown up so far, having fooled Tua twice on those interceptions as well as coming up on some third downs. Impressive first half by Clemson. Let's see what adjustments each team makes at half.

That what they're saying on Twitter

Beware of the Empire Strikes back in the 2nd half

Clemson 31 Bama 16 Half
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Postby Chief » January 7th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Wow. That fake field goal.

Postby Iconoclast » January 7th, 2019, 10:38 pm

Now an injury on a short route leaves the WR vs. the safety in space which was easily won by the WR. That was huge.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 7th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Now an injury on a short route leaves the WR vs. the safety in space which was easily won by the WR. That was huge.

Maybe the selection committee made a mistake including Alabama in the playoffs too. :lol:

Postby Iconoclast » January 7th, 2019, 10:59 pm

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:
Iconoclast wrote:Now an injury on a short route leaves the WR vs. the safety in space which was easily won by the WR. That was huge.

Maybe the selection committee made a mistake including Alabama in the playoffs too. :lol:

Was waiting for someone to make that statement. Funny that it was you. :lol:

ND fans can now say "see, it's not that we were so bad, it's that Clemson is really good.

Wow, I've been on Alabama all year so this is surprising to me. Not only is Alabama making errors, but Clemson is playing outstanding football.
Make GASF Great Again!

Postby Chief » January 7th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Don Meredith would be singing right now. What a game from Clemson.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 7th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Iconoclast wrote:Wow, I've been on Alabama all year so this is surprising to me. Not only is Alabama making errors, but Clemson is playing outstanding football.

I am not surprised that Clemson is putting up points on Bama. Their defense has shown signs of vulnerability all year. It just took the right team and the right coach to exploit them. Miss St also showed that the right defense can shut Bama down. The only surprise to me is that Clemson is doing both in the same game. That, I didn't expect. This is not the same Clemson team from earlier in the season that struggled with Syracuse and Texas A&M. Of course, that was before Lawrence really took control of the offense. They have clearly been careful with him as the year has gone on. What he is doing tonight is just amazing. Of course the WRs are contributing as well.

Next

Return to Everything About College Football