Register

Allstate Sugar Bowl

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Allstate Sugar Bowl

Postby Iconoclast » January 1st, 2019, 9:34 pm

Texas 17 Georgia 0 early second quarter

Yup, Georgia is looking like a playoff team. :roll:
Make GASF Great Again!

Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

Re: Allstate Sugar Bowl

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » January 1st, 2019, 11:33 pm

I am certain the GA team was disappointed in not making the playoff, but they got the bowl game they deserved. Everyone thought GA was going to just walk in and beat up TX. Doesn't look like it tonight. HOOK 'EM!!
HOOK 'EM!

Postby hammerhead » January 1st, 2019, 11:38 pm

I saw a report where the GA players were apparently saying that they deserved to be in the playoff instead of OK. I didn't read the details, but I do wonder what their thoughts on that would be right now.
HOOK'EM

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 2nd, 2019, 12:30 am

hammerhead wrote:I saw a report where the GA players were apparently saying that they deserved to be in the playoff instead of OK. I didn't read the details, but I do wonder what their thoughts on that would be right now.
HOOK'EM

That's pretty weak of them. First, GA didn't win their conference and they also had their shot at Alabama and lost. Second, the results of the OU Alabama game don't imply that OU was in over their heads. Sure OU looked terrible early, but their comeback showed that they deserved to be in the game. Lastly, the results of this game sure don't back any claims that GA should have been in the playoffs.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 3rd, 2019, 11:06 am

Georgia definitely looked like they didn't want to be there.

:roll:
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 3rd, 2019, 5:28 pm

Domer wrote:Georgia definitely looked like they didn't want to be there.

I repeat what I told Dawg Fans

You had your shot and couldn't hold 14 point lead

Why invite to you CFP for repeat of the same thing?

This program while better still not quite there yet

There was no reason to invite them to see a repeat performance

IMO, either Bama or Clemson would beaten them same way.

The committee got it right by NOT inviting Georgia
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » January 3rd, 2019, 5:43 pm

Dubby wrote:
Domer wrote:Georgia definitely looked like they didn't want to be there.

I repeat what I told Dawg Fans

You had your shot and couldn't hold 14 point lead

Why invite to you CFP for repeat of the same thing?

This program while better still not quite there yet

There was no reason to invite them to see a repeat performance

IMO, either Bama or Clemson would beaten them same way.

The committee got it right by NOT inviting Georgia

I would have been completely done with CF if they had invited a two loss, non-champ over an undefeated Notre Dame. And to even think that they should have is ridiculous.

IMO, tOSU, and probably even Washington deserved to be in BEFORE UGa.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

Don't bite me, you little @#$%!

Postby DiehardLonghornFan » January 4th, 2019, 9:52 am

Guess SOMEBODY will have to talk about UGA's opponent. Virtually none of the talking heads gave TX a shot in this one, having them as 13 point underdogs. Although GA scored two TD's late, the game was pretty much dominated from start to finish by the Horns. I predicted 8-4 earlier this year and a mid tier bowl for this team. I am glad I was wrong. They will lose a lot of starters on defense but the offense looks good for next year if no one leaves early for the NFL. I see them competing again with OU for the top spot in the conference.
HOOK 'EM!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 4th, 2019, 9:56 am

DiehardLonghornFan wrote:Guess SOMEBODY will have to talk about UGA's opponent. Virtually none of the talking heads gave TX a shot in this one, having them as 13 point underdogs. Although GA scored two TD's late, the game was pretty much dominated from start to finish by the Horns. I predicted 8-4 earlier this year and a mid tier bowl for this team. I am glad I was wrong. They will lose a lot of starters on defense but the offense looks good for next year if no one leaves early for the NFL. I see them competing again with OU for the top spot in the conference.

Texas certainly played a good game and deserved to win, but I wouldn't say they dominated. If Georgia doesn't fumble at their own 12, the score is 13-7 for most of the game.

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 4th, 2019, 12:00 pm

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:
DiehardLonghornFan wrote:Guess SOMEBODY will have to talk about UGA's opponent. Virtually none of the talking heads gave TX a shot in this one, having them as 13 point underdogs. Although GA scored two TD's late, the game was pretty much dominated from start to finish by the Horns. I predicted 8-4 earlier this year and a mid tier bowl for this team. I am glad I was wrong. They will lose a lot of starters on defense but the offense looks good for next year if no one leaves early for the NFL. I see them competing again with OU for the top spot in the conference.

Texas certainly played a good game and deserved to win, but I wouldn't say they dominated. If Georgia doesn't fumble at their own 12, the score is 13-7 for most of the game.

I also think the punter knee touching the ground wiping out big punt was huge early on as well
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Next

Return to Everything About College Football