Register

AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General

AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL

Postby Dubby » December 31st, 2018, 9:49 am

(23) Missouri (8-4) Vs Oklahoma State (6-6)

3:45 PM ET ESPN
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
Memphis, TN
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness

Re: AUTOZONE LIBERTY BOWL

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » December 31st, 2018, 6:49 pm

I would really REALLY love to see a game where defenses know how to tackle.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Curmudgeon

Postby Domer » January 3rd, 2019, 10:58 am

Aloha Nole wrote:I would really REALLY love to see a game where defenses know how to tackle.

One of my big pet peeves. So many times a guy (or two) are right in position to make a stop and can't make a tackle.
God, Country, Notre Dame

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 5th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Domer wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:I would really REALLY love to see a game where defenses know how to tackle.

One of my big pet peeves. So many times a guy (or two) are right in position to make a stop and can't make a tackle.

Its technique since hitting is limited today at college practices (Some schools use the remote control tackling dummies and limit all week contact) You're left with what you're seeing today in many games. Guys launch themselves heads down not looking hoping to land highlight reels hit. It amounts to kids turning a loss into big gains with poor tackling keeping drives alive
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » January 5th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Dubby wrote:
Domer wrote:

Its technique since hitting is limited today at college practices (Some schools use the remote control tackling dummies and limit all week contact) You're left with what you're seeing today in many games. Guys launch themselves heads down not looking hoping to land highlight reels hit. It amounts to kids turning a loss into big gains with poor tackling keeping drives alive

To me, it is just shit fundamentals.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » January 5th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Dubby wrote:
Domer wrote:

To me, it is just shit fundamentals.

When live contact is limited like it is today

That exactly what we're getting

Return to Everything About College Football