Register

2019 Coaching Carousel

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General

Re: 2019 Coaching Carousel

Postby Dubby » December 31st, 2018, 9:33 am

Jake wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:

I don't for a minute believe that this "decision" was Richt's.

I suspect you are correct.

Mark me down as I don't think this was Richt decision either
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » December 31st, 2018, 9:40 am

Iconoclast wrote:
Griff wrote:Major Appplewhite is gone as well.

Houston rumored to be going after Dana Holgerson. Is it just me or does Houston seem to be suffering from delusions of grandeur? Why would a coach go from a P5 to a mid major? Especially one that fires a coach after two years that went 15-11? What does Houston expect? I could see Holgerson leaving for a storied program or a program that is more prestigious but that doesn't include Houston.

Applewhite good coordinator proving to be very bad head coach

I don't think Houston has any delusions of grandeur seeing they only had limited recent success

I believe they see this as a bad hire.

As for the rumors of Dana Holgerson. Just rumors at this point I also hear Texas Tech is going after him
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The X-Man Cometh

Postby Xenon » December 31st, 2018, 2:09 pm

So Manny Diaz is leaving Miami for Temple ... so they said many many times in the Bowl Game ...

Oh wait, Manny hasn't even quite set foot on campus, and now is leaving Temple ... for Miami.... was his chair in Miami still warm as he rolled in down the hall to the Bigger office!!

That's kind of scummy in my opinion ...

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » December 31st, 2018, 3:53 pm

Xenon wrote:So Manny Diaz is leaving Miami for Temple ... so they said many many times in the Bowl Game ...

Oh wait, Manny hasn't even quite set foot on campus, and now is leaving Temple ... for Miami.... was his chair in Miami still warm as he rolled in down the hall to the Bigger office!!

That's kind of scummy in my opinion ...

Miami paid Temple 4 million I am sure they are quite happy.

The Turnover Chain

Postby GR82BACANE » January 2nd, 2019, 8:50 am

Looks like Fedora is going to be the OC at Miami. Manny fired the entire offensive staff of being well offensive.

QB coach possibly Ponce from Louisville
RB coa ch the guy at Penn St right now.

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 2nd, 2019, 11:49 pm

Dubby wrote:Applewhite good coordinator proving to be very bad head coach

I don't think Houston has any delusions of grandeur seeing they only had limited recent success

As for the rumors of Dana Holgerson. Just rumors at this point I also hear Texas Tech is going after him

They are delusional paying Dana Holgorsen a Power 5 conference salary (and an upper level Power 5 salary at that) to coach a minor conference team.

The Straw That Stirs the Drink

Postby Iconoclast » January 3rd, 2019, 2:06 am

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:
Dubby wrote:Applewhite good coordinator proving to be very bad head coach

They are delusional paying Dana Holgorsen a Power 5 conference salary (and an upper level Power 5 salary at that) to coach a minor conference team.

Exactly MTT. And not only that, but to fire Applewhite after what he has accomplished in his two years there shows more delusion on their part. As for Holgerson, this truly had to be about money because he went from P5 to mid major AND he now competes with a resurgent UT, not to mention A&M and TCU as in state rivals, but also LSU and OU as additional P5 powers who recruit the state. Remember, during Houston's recent successful run, UT was down, now Herman is recruiting for UT, not against them.
Make GASF Great Again!

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football