Register

Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9167
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Dubby » January 8th, 2019, 8:08 am

GR82BACANE wrote:I believe the ACC finished with a better record than the SEC.


I'll get this update along with SUP 2 and 3
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9167
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Dubby » January 8th, 2019, 6:29 pm

2018–19 Conference USA 4–2 .667

Is this year Winners
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness
User avatar
Posts: 6418
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 12:46 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » January 9th, 2019, 4:23 am

How every conference has fared in this year’s college football bowl games

Daniel Wilco | NCAA.com | January 8, 2019

After Clemson beat Alabama for the Tigers' second national championship in three years, the ACC tied the SEC with six wins this bowl season. That's the most of any conference, though the SEC and ACC did lead the way with 12 and 11 representatives each.

Below, take a look at how every conference fared in the 2018-19 bowl season:

American Athletic Conference

Record: 2-5 {28.6%}
Wins: Tulane, Cincinnati
Losses: South Florida, Memphis, Houston, Temple, UCF

Atlantic Coast Conference

Record: 6-5 {54.5%}
Wins: Wake Forest, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, Clemson (vs. Notre Dame), Clemson (vs. Alabama)
Losses: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pitt, North Carolina State

NOTE: Boston College's bowl game against Boise State has been canceled.

Big Ten Conference

Record: 5-4 {55.5%}
Wins: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State
Losses: Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State

Big 12 Conference

Record: 4-3 {57.1%}
Wins: TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas
Losses: West Virginia, Iowa State, Oklahoma

Conference USA

Record: 4-2 {66.7%}
Wins: UAB, Marshall, Florida International, Louisiana Tech
Losses: Middle Tennessee State, North Texas

Mid-American Conference

Record: 1-5 {16.7%}
Wins: Ohio
Losses: Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan, Buffalo

Mountain West Conference

Record: 3-2 {60.0%}
Wins: Fresno State, Utah State, Nevada
Losses: San Diego State, Hawaii

NOTE: Boston College's bowl game against Boise State has been canceled.

Pac-12 Conference

Record: 3-4 {42.9%}
Wins: Washington State, Stanford, Oregon
Losses: Arizona State, California, Utah, Washington

Southeastern Conference

Record: 6-6 {50.0%}
Wins: Auburn, Florida, Alabama (vs. Oklahoma), Kentucky, LSU, Texas A&M
Losses: Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi State, Georgia, Alabama (vs. Clemson)

Sun Belt Conference

Record: 3-2 {60.0%}
Wins: Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Troy
Losses: Louisiana, Arkansas State

Independents

Record: 2-1 {66.7%}
Wins: BYU, Army
Losses: Notre Dame

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... bowl-games
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9167
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Dubby » January 9th, 2019, 11:30 am

Aloha Nole wrote:How every conference has fared in this year’s college football bowl games

Daniel Wilco | NCAA.com | January 8, 2019

After Clemson beat Alabama for the Tigers' second national championship in three years, the ACC tied the SEC with six wins this bowl season. That's the most of any conference, though the SEC and ACC did lead the way with 12 and 11 representatives each.

Below, take a look at how every conference fared in the 2018-19 bowl season:

American Athletic Conference

Record: 2-5 {28.6%}
Wins: Tulane, Cincinnati
Losses: South Florida, Memphis, Houston, Temple, UCF

Atlantic Coast Conference

Record: 6-5 {54.5%}
Wins: Wake Forest, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, Clemson (vs. Notre Dame), Clemson (vs. Alabama)
Losses: Georgia Tech, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pitt, North Carolina State

NOTE: Boston College's bowl game against Boise State has been canceled.

Big Ten Conference

Record: 5-4 {55.5%}
Wins: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Iowa, Ohio State
Losses: Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State

Big 12 Conference

Record: 4-3 {57.1%}
Wins: TCU, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas
Losses: West Virginia, Iowa State, Oklahoma

Conference USA

Record: 4-2 {66.7%}
Wins: UAB, Marshall, Florida International, Louisiana Tech
Losses: Middle Tennessee State, North Texas

Mid-American Conference

Record: 1-5 {16.7%}
Wins: Ohio
Losses: Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Toledo, Western Michigan, Buffalo

Mountain West Conference

Record: 3-2 {60.0%}
Wins: Fresno State, Utah State, Nevada
Losses: San Diego State, Hawaii

NOTE: Boston College's bowl game against Boise State has been canceled.

Pac-12 Conference

Record: 3-4 {42.9%}
Wins: Washington State, Stanford, Oregon
Losses: Arizona State, California, Utah, Washington

Southeastern Conference

Record: 6-6 {50.0%}
Wins: Auburn, Florida, Alabama (vs. Oklahoma), Kentucky, LSU, Texas A&M
Losses: Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi State, Georgia, Alabama (vs. Clemson)

Sun Belt Conference

Record: 3-2 {60.0%}
Wins: Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, Troy
Losses: Louisiana, Arkansas State

Independents

Record: 2-1 {66.7%}
Wins: BYU, Army
Losses: Notre Dame

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/arti ... bowl-games


Great Data Thanks Aloha
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

His Noliness
User avatar
Posts: 6418
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 12:46 pm
Location: In a van, down by the river

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby *YNC* Aloha Nole » January 9th, 2019, 11:32 am

Dubby wrote:Great Data Thanks Aloha


So the Independents, and C-USA were tops this year.
Petty Officer Marcus Luttrell, author of "Lone Survivor," described Medal of Honor recipient LT Michael Murphy as "An iron-souled warrior of colossal and almost unbelievable courage in the face of the enemy."

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9167
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Dubby » January 9th, 2019, 11:54 am

Aloha Nole wrote:
Dubby wrote:Great Data Thanks Aloha


So the Independents, and C-USA were tops this year.


They gave the title to C-USA as an official conference
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5229
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Iconoclast » January 9th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:
Dubby wrote:Great Data Thanks Aloha


So the Independents, and C-USA were tops this year.


it's interesting that no conference really dominated in the bowls. I don't have hard data to back this, but it seems like in years past, it hasn't been uncommon for a conference to go like 6-2 or even better. This year there seemed to be a decent amount of parity.
Make GASF Great Again!

The Postmaster General
User avatar
Posts: 9167
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:08 pm
Location: Suwanee, GA

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Dubby » January 9th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Iconoclast wrote:
Aloha Nole wrote:
Dubby wrote:Great Data Thanks Aloha


So the Independents, and C-USA were tops this year.


it's interesting that no conference really dominated in the bowls. I don't have hard data to back this, but it seems like in years past, it hasn't been uncommon for a conference to go like 6-2 or even better. This year there seemed to be a decent amount of parity.


2017–18 Big Ten 7–1 .875
2015–16 SEC 9–2 .818
2016–17 ACC 9–3 .750
2013–14 SEC 7–3 .700
2006–07 Big East 5–0[5] 1.000 (This one makes Xenon Mad) ;)
2003–04 ACC 5–1[5] .833

There Five 4-1 .800 winners over the years but, these have been the most dominate Since the its inception
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Straw That Stirs the Drink
User avatar
Posts: 5229
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 3:12 pm
Location: Portlandia

Re: Bowl Conference Results for ESPN Challenge Cup

Postby Iconoclast » January 10th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Dubby wrote:
2017–18 Big Ten 7–1 .875
2015–16 SEC 9–2 .818
2016–17 ACC 9–3 .750
2013–14 SEC 7–3 .700
2006–07 Big East 5–0[5] 1.000 (This one makes Xenon Mad) ;)
2003–04 ACC 5–1[5] .833

There Five 4-1 .800 winners over the years but, these have been the most dominate Since the its inception



Thanks Dubby. So four of the past five previous years there was a fairly dominant conference. I'm not sure what conclusions to draw when there is a dominant conference or when there is parity.
Make GASF Great Again!

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests