Register

How good is Clemson really?

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Artist FKA SECRules

Re: How good is Clemson really?

Postby MikeTheTiger » January 11th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Dubby wrote:I believe it bears watching that Saban coming into this game had lost 20 assistant over the years. Now Locksley OC is going to HC at Maryland and Randy Key is leaving for Georgia Tech

They may not fall off a cliff. But, when see a WR like Justyn Ross from Bama own backyard go to Clemson because of the Environment (Scuttlebutt is Clemson appeared to be family while Bama was more like a Business)

When does this revolving door on losing coaches start to hurt? 22 and counting has too after awhile.

I hope you are right, Dubby. I hope you are right. That impact just didn't show up this season until the title game. I suppose maybe a little in the SECCG. It also isn't showing in this year's recruiting.

The Postmaster General

Re: How good is Clemson really?

Postby Dubby » January 12th, 2019, 12:13 am

MikeTheTiger wrote:
Dubby wrote:I believe it bears watching that Saban coming into this game had lost 20 assistant over the years. Now Locksley OC is going to HC at Maryland and Randy Key is leaving for Georgia Tech

They may not fall off a cliff. But, when see a WR like Justyn Ross from Bama own backyard go to Clemson because of the Environment (Scuttlebutt is Clemson appeared to be family while Bama was more like a Business)

When does this revolving door on losing coaches start to hurt? 22 and counting has too after awhile.

I hope you are right, Dubby. I hope you are right. That impact just didn't show up this season until the title game. I suppose maybe a little in the SECCG. It also isn't showing in this year's recruiting.

Add two more bringing the number to 24 coaches

Saban is good But, sooner or later this amount turnover has to hurt and the continued loses of 3 year players already 4 starter from the game are leaving that have year of eligibility including their best defensive player right up there with Lawrence from Clemson

I know they keep bringing in top classes

But, 24 coaches now and experience players year after year

I'm not saying they fall off the cliff

I'm just saying someone should challenge them in SEC maybe they finally miss CFP

They can't sustain this excellence at this rate
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

Previous

Return to Everything About College Football