Register

What is you guess on Bowls?

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The X-Man Cometh

What is you guess on Bowls?

Postby Xenon » September 8th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Ok, so I think there are about 7 teams playing right now... 40 or so in P5, and 30 or so in G5/Indy.

I think the rules will be changed somehow to allow ~75% of the P5 to go bowling (which is about what they USUALLY send to bowls) and maybe half of so of the G5/Indy.

So I think there will be around 30 or so P5 teams that go bowling, and around 10 (to maybe 14) G5/Indy teams for a total of 40 to 44 teams or 20 to 22 bowls.

I think alot of the smaller California bowls will not be played, and I'm not really sure if the Rose Bowl will be played (I kind of this a different bowl is going to take the second Semi Slot this year). I also think the colder weather bowls will mostly cancel. For example, the Detroit Bowl will cancel and instead the time in Ford Field field will be used to host BigTen delayed season games. Potato Bowl, PinStripe Bowl, etc ... those will all go away this year.

We'll have 20 to 22 bowls, predominantly in Arizona, Texas, Florida, and some in Louisiana/Georgia and other southern states.

That's my guess on 9/8/2020 .... it may change several times between now and December ...

Last night they showed a revised schedule (which Herbstreit said he hadn't seen) that said Selection Day was Dec 20th. That seems really late ...
I think you'll still have some bowls (maybe 6- 8) from Dec 20 to Dec 26th... that are teams that were "released" from the CFP New Year's Six around Dec 6th ... and they will have maybe 10 days to get ready for a bowl game.

Then you have maybe 6-8 bowls between Dec 26th and New Year's Day ... and maybe 8 on New Years' day and Jan 2/3/4

Total of maybe 20 or 22 bowls

The X-Man Cometh

Re: What is you guess on Bowls?

Postby Xenon » September 16th, 2020, 10:12 pm

So. If pac-12 plays 5 conference games..... are they going to say a 3-2 team is bowl eligible?

If bigTen plays 8 games is 4-4 bowl eligible?

That’s kind of pathetic!

I don’t think pac-12 with with 3 wins should be allowed into bowls!!!! That’s just too low a bar

Return to Everything About College Football