Register

FSU at notre dame weather

This is the one to use if you want to talk about general college football topics.
The Postmaster General

Re: FSU at notre dame weather

Postby Dubby » November 7th, 2018, 5:38 pm

Aloha Nole wrote:
Michigan Grad wrote:If climate isn't a factor, schedule the games in that window and prove it once and for all.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Remember Foley classic comment when Georgia was playing Oklahoma St and Colorado to open their season awhile back? On the road no less? We'll never schedule like that :roll:
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby *YNC* MikeTheTiger » November 7th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Michigan Grad wrote:I would applaud ANY southern team that played an outdoor on campus game north of the Mason - Dixon line in late October thru December. Many southern ACC teams do that every other year with their games against Boston College. For some reason, SEC teams are adverse to that concept, even though they have OOC games in that said window where they could schedule a home and home series with a B1G, Big XII, or PAC-12 team.

An early September game in the south is 10 - 15 degrees hotter than the environment the northern teams practiced in all summer. It's almost 30-40 degrees hotter at the bowl games the northern teams play in the deep south, but southerners deny this is an issue. If climate isn't a factor, schedule the games in that window and prove it once and for all.

MG, it takes two to tango. The conferences you are citing do not play non-conference games in late October through December with the exception of long-standing games with ND. If other conferences were regularly traveling north during that time frame for non-conference games, then there would be a lot more room for criticism of the SEC. Yes, ACC teams are now doing so with ND, but that's part of a quasi-conference arrangement. Even Stanford and USC alternate the timing of their games with ND to play road games early in the year and home games late in the year. The Pac 12-Big Ten matchups are all early in the season. There is absolutely no evidence of the SEC behaving any differently than anyone else in this regard.

Postby Jake » November 8th, 2018, 9:59 am

irishmark wrote:40% chance of snow. High of 34.

I know its 6 days out, but I applaud the acc for agreeing to play the game in November in South Bend.

I was at the Wake game last year in November and I froze my balls off.

Those southern boys might die up here.

My condolences for your balls. :lol:

Postby Michigan Grad » November 8th, 2018, 11:08 am

Domer wrote:
irishmark wrote:I was at the Wake game last year in November and I froze my balls off.

Were doctors able to reattach them?

:P

Reattach them? :shock:
That wasn't the first time they had to be attached? ;)
Coaching is my passion:
Hockey - Plymouth Canton Hockey Association
Football - Cardinal Mooney High School

Postby Michigan Grad » November 8th, 2018, 11:47 am

*YNC* MikeTheTiger wrote:
Michigan Grad wrote:I would applaud ANY southern team that played an outdoor on campus game north of the Mason - Dixon line in late October thru December. Many southern ACC teams do that every other year with their games against Boston College. For some reason, SEC teams are adverse to that concept, even though they have OOC games in that said window where they could schedule a home and home series with a B1G, Big XII, or PAC-12 team.

An early September game in the south is 10 - 15 degrees hotter than the environment the northern teams practiced in all summer. It's almost 30-40 degrees hotter at the bowl games the northern teams play in the deep south, but southerners deny this is an issue. If climate isn't a factor, schedule the games in that window and prove it once and for all.

MG, it takes two to tango. The conferences you are citing do not play non-conference games in late October through December with the exception of long-standing games with ND. If other conferences were regularly traveling north during that time frame for non-conference games, then there would be a lot more room for criticism of the SEC. Yes, ACC teams are now doing so with ND, but that's part of a quasi-conference arrangement. Even Stanford and USC alternate the timing of their games with ND to play road games early in the year and home games late in the year. The Pac 12-Big Ten matchups are all early in the season. There is absolutely no evidence of the SEC behaving any differently than anyone else in this regard.

MTT,
I brought up late October through December because the SEC has adopted the practice of having OCC games in that window against lesser P5 schools, which equate to glorified scrimmage bye weeks for their teams to recover from injuries and rest for the resumption of their grueling conference schedule. Because the other conference schools traditionally schedule OCC games in September does not mean these games can't be scheduled. The bigotry and racism between the regions has waned in the last 50 years, so there is no reason for the SEC teams to not travel up north or out west, nor for BiG, Big XII, and PAC-12 teams to travel down south. I would love to be able to see Michigan play at Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Florida in my lifetime, but that is a pipedream.

Additionally, I sense that you are getting tired of the anti-SEC sentiment in here, but it has festered nationally over the last 30 years. There is a perception nationwide of the SEC behaving differently than the rest of the country for 20 years before other conferences woke up and implemented the scheduling and media posturing the SEC adopted in the late 80's and early 90's. It may be unwarranted, but the SEC fired the first salvo with their controlling the CFA and BCS. They threatened to leave the BIG 10 and PAC-10 out of the bowls if they didn't agree to play in the SEC sandbox.
Coaching is my passion:
Hockey - Plymouth Canton Hockey Association
Football - Cardinal Mooney High School

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » November 8th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Forecast is now mostly clear with a low of 22.
Motivation is simple! You eliminate those that are not motivated!

Lou Holtz

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » November 8th, 2018, 4:55 pm

irishmark wrote:Forecast is now mostly clear with a low of 22.

Its not the temp so much as the wind

We had playoffs game time temp was 31 but wind chill made it feel 4

That what was brutal was howling and blowing winds :dead:
Commander Rasczak: Starship Troopers This is for all you new people. I have only one rule. Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself! Welcome to the Roughnecks!

The Unimpeachable Source

Postby irishmark » November 8th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Winds out of the south at 10-15. Wind chill in the low teens.
Motivation is simple! You eliminate those that are not motivated!

Lou Holtz

The Postmaster General

Postby Dubby » November 8th, 2018, 6:07 pm

irishmark wrote:Winds out of the south at 10-15. Wind chill in the low teens.

That will be brutal :dead:

The Artist FKA SECRules

Postby *YNC* MikeTheTiger » November 8th, 2018, 9:08 pm

Michigan Grad wrote:MTT,
I brought up late October through December because the SEC has adopted the practice of having OCC games in that window against lesser P5 schools, which equate to glorified scrimmage bye weeks for their teams to recover from injuries and rest for the resumption of their grueling conference schedule. Because the other conference schools traditionally schedule OCC games in September does not mean these games can't be scheduled. The bigotry and racism between the regions has waned in the last 50 years, so there is no reason for the SEC teams to not travel up north or out west, nor for BiG, Big XII, and PAC-12 teams to travel down south. I would love to be able to see Michigan play at Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Florida in my lifetime, but that is a pipedream.

I'm not saying that they couldn't play the games later, only that the scheduling practices of the Big Ten (and Pac-12 and Big 12) preclude it. The Big Ten doesn't even play ND during that time even though ND is available and would love to have stronger opponents for later in the season. It's not an SEC issue. That's not to say that I think the SEC would be likely to schedule the Big Ten that time of year since it doesn't fit into their scheduling any better. Still, it's not really fair to single the SEC out as the bad guy here.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see more intersectional games and higher quality non-conference scheduling. Michigan and UCLA are the only top programs LSU has never played. There have been a few years recently when an LSU-Michigan bowl matchup was possible and I was very disappointed when it didn't come to pass.

Michigan Grad wrote:Additionally, I sense that you are getting tired of the anti-SEC sentiment in here, but it has festered nationally over the last 30 years. There is a perception nationwide of the SEC behaving differently than the rest of the country for 20 years before other conferences woke up and implemented the scheduling and media posturing the SEC adopted in the late 80's and early 90's. It may be unwarranted, but the SEC fired the first salvo with their controlling the CFA and BCS. They threatened to leave the BIG 10 and PAC-10 out of the bowls if they didn't agree to play in the SEC sandbox.

I don't know if it's "getting tired" as much as shaking my head. I understand the fact that others get tired of the attention the SEC receives, but it sometimes leads people to see things from a very distorted point of view. It also makes them very quick to believe anything negative they see about the SEC without thinking it through critically. Like I said in another thread, it's very much the way people behave politically these days in social media.

PreviousNext

Return to Everything About College Football